Ground Effects paint code 1988 Z24 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ground Effects paint code 1988 Z24
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:33 AM
Hi everyone, neither I or my paint guy can find the paint code for the stock grey ground effects that came on the 1988-1990 z24 cavaliers. Anyone know the code? The upper code and lower code are reading the same on my tag. Thanks.

Re: Ground Effects paint code 1988 Z24
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:08 PM
Hey Pete! What are you doing on here?! There should be a second part to to the paint code, called ext trim level, its usually before or after the main paint code, if it aint there , write down the VIN and the build date and call the dealer for the paint code. They may have to run it through vintage vehicle to get it, but its likely on the car.

Jerremy
Monday, October 25, 2010 9:41 AM
the gery part i think is call battle metallic gery somethng in the line.
i would goto v6z24.com they got a bunch post about it
Friday, October 29, 2010 3:08 AM
I posted this on v6z24 a few months ago.. because I was looking for the color also

Sylvain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

I contacted GM and they emailed me back with the color code for the silver metallic color..

Here it is.. WA8535

Hello,
The 1989 Chevrolet Product guide lists a white and silver color combination for the Cavalier Z24 convertible. The white is White (color code 11), the silver is Silver Metallic(color code 12). This appears, from the paint chips, to be the same Silver Metallic available as a primary color on the Cavalier and Cavalier VL. I hope this helps you in your restoration.

JIM VEHKO
GM Heritage Center
6400 Center Drive
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
(586) 276-0694
jim.vehko@gm.com
Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Start New Topic Advanced Search