the glasspack idea again - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the glasspack idea again
Monday, April 13, 2009 7:25 AM
So guys my Cat was cut off and stolen I'm assuming for scrap metal money...............but my question is since my state (WV) isn't to Kean on checking for a cat.............i wanted to put a glasspack resonator on my car in place of the cat and run a magnaflow muffler...............how much difference will there be in the glasspack in place of the cat versus replacing the cat.............its a daily beater to get back and forth to work in..................so I dont really want to spend 150 bucks on it if I dont have too.

I don't know j-body's yet........but I will!

Re: the glasspack idea again
Friday, April 17, 2009 4:45 AM
you can do it but its going to be some what loud

Friday, April 17, 2009 5:20 AM
I put a thunder bolt high flow metallic cat on. Cost like $50.
Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:31 PM
I have cat with a resonator, no muffler, is loud....probably don't want it as a Daily driver....

Everything Louder than Everything else
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:04 PM
I have a 94 Sunbird with the 2.0 in it. How loud would it be if I left the stock cat on, but put a straight pipe in place of the muffler? The car is a daily driver.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:05 PM
Mine has not had a cat for about 5 years. Just put a piece of pipe in place of the cat and a decent muffler and you will be okay.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:02 PM
How would the car sound if I left the stock cat on, but put a glasspack with a 3" tip on in place of the stock muffler?
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:11 PM
I haven't had a cat for over 4 years here, have a header back to a flowtech raptor muffler, driving down the road normal it sounds stock, when i get on it it has a deep growl but is not extremely loud at all.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search