Window Interchange for Convertibles? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Window Interchange for Convertibles?
Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:48 PM
I bought a '93 vert on Friday and the driver's window is busted out. It is supposed to snow all next week and my garage is full...no verts locally in junkyards. Will a regular 2 door window fit?

Re: Window Interchange for Convertibles?
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:35 PM
If I'm not mistaking, they will. I'm not 100% sure on this now I am pretty sure they will.

www.V6Z24.com
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:02 PM
They are different, the one for the convertible is higher and wider.
Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:52 PM
why not check the part #s?

i am gone from this forum
Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:32 PM
I never did find out for sure if the windows were different. The guy at the local salvage yard that has the books wasn't around when we called. The glass shop didn't know either...they just ordered the window for a vert. Anyway...I sold the car. I didn't have the space, time, or money to put into it so I sold it to a friend/coworker. He's bought the window and found a replacement fender in the salvage yard that is white and matches the car. It should be pretty nice....I couldn't pass it up for $100 and I made $100 selling it to him.

Thanks for the replies.
Sunday, February 14, 2010 5:33 AM
Just for the record they are not the same. I have had both windows out and they are completely different.
Monday, February 15, 2010 5:16 PM
By the way the part numbers are 20500840 (Rh) and 20500841 (Lh) for the convertible, and 20157334 (Rh) 20157335 (Lh) for the coupe.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search