!Looking for my old '92 sunbird convertible! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
!Looking for my old '92 sunbird convertible!
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:38 PM
I bought this car new and traded it in back in 1995. I had no idea where to find the VIN number after 15 years.
Today, I decided to do some detective work. I simply called the bank that gave me the loan on it. Believe it or not
they still had the records and were happy to provide me with the VIN! I instantly did a carfax report and was thrilled to find out that
the car is titled and not in a junkyard! It has had had four different owners since 2006! I imagine this is because of the faulty head problem that overheats
the car. Any suggestions on the best way to track down the new owner and make him an offer? I'd love to have it back Dead or Alive.
It was my first brand new car and I regretted getting rid of it. The only information I have is that the car is in Indiana and the last 3 owners did not put any miles on it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: !Looking for my old '92 sunbird convertible!
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:34 PM
Look in your yellow pages for a PI.

It should cost about $50 for a skip trace, and that will give you your answer.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:01 AM
Carfax says that is was last registered in Logansport, Indiana at 130,000 miles on the odometer. That's about the time these engines start overheating. The DMV there is very strict about giving out information. I should have looked for it sooner before The Cash For Clunkers Program.
went into effect. I don't know why I am so interested in owning this car again. I'm sure it wont be the same.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:36 PM
Don't worry about DMV, the PI can get what you want, it's called skip trace.

Also, find the local Craigslist and newspaper for Logansport, and take out ads. You might get a bite.
Friday, March 12, 2010 9:54 PM
Thanks for the tips. I did get a few leads to a used car lot but their phone number is disconnected. I will have to do the PI thing because the Dmvv will not give out any names or addresses of
any owners on the title history. I was told two different things so I don't want to waste my time with them.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:03 AM
http://www.v6z24.com/registry/?action=search&search_type=all&search=pontiac&page=16

look for member on this site, who knoes one of them maybe the owner of you car...
there are over 24 sunbird convertable listed. for 1992 on this list

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search