Fuel line question asap please. - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel line question asap please.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:13 PM
Ok i just did a head job on a 94 cavalier 2.2l and the fuel lines are leaking going to the rail. I need to know do the orings go before the lip or after the lip on the lines? because i tried it after the lip and it leaks i tried it before the lip and i cant even get the lines to go in to the fuel rail need some help please.

Re: Fuel line question asap please.
Friday, March 12, 2010 4:43 AM
Anyone?
Re: Fuel line question asap please.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:06 PM
Well I will try to answer this the best I can.I have a tbi (one injector setup) but regardless I have manuals showing the 3.1.The orings should fit into a groove that hold them in place.I would suggest soaking the orings in dexron transmission fluid(recommended for stuff like this) and this should allow the assembly to slide right in.It prolly will be a little tight being there new but,should have a tight fit to seal.The manuals I have show the injectors themselves and fuel press regulator but not the rail hook up specifically on attaching it.
Hope this gives u a idea bc I am betting u just put the new orings on and did not put any grease on them making them next to impossible to install the rail being dry and new solid rubber.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search