94 cavalier 2.2 head question - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 cavalier 2.2 head question
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:28 PM
Ok so this cavalier i picked up had a head gasket leak going to the outside and when i went to unbolt the head part of the head cracked im guessing the head was cracked thats why it was leaking and it just cracked more. But what i want to know is what year cavalier can i pull a head from that will work? I was reading 92-97 is that correct? Just wanted to know if the valve to piston clearnce and all would be the same and the intake and exhaust ports would be the same.

Re: 94 cavalier 2.2 head question
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:47 PM
Also what other kind of car can I pull a one of the head from and what year for a 94 2.2 cavalier engine?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:33 AM
a Quick search of www.car-part.com shows that Beretta's/Corsica's, '97 Sunfires, '96 Cutlass Ciera's, Cavaliers upto '97, upto '96 S10/S15 pickups all have interchangeable heads for 2.2L.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:54 AM
I called up a place to buy one and they wanted to know if I needed one with the 2 bolt holes tapped or not its for a cavalier so I wouldnt need the 2 bolt holes tapped would I because I was reading and isnt that just for the s10's since there rear wheel drive?
Saturday, March 27, 2010 3:33 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search