91 z24 questions. plz help!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
91 z24 questions. plz help!!
Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:18 PM
i have a 91 z24 which has the 3.1 v6. it has 120,000 on it. i left water mix antifreeze over the winter back in 2008 cause i parked it cause the fuel pump went out and got to workin on it last summer and after i put a new pump in it i got to lookin that it was heating up and and the low coolant light was on and i put water in it and it started it and looked under it and it was pouring water for behind the starter and when i checked the oil it looked it there was water in it but now i got it out yesterday and it still runs good and when the heat hand goes to 260 when i shut it off it still starts back fine. is there a freze out plug behind the starter? and would it have busted it out? or would it have busted it and busted the block? i really need help on this guys. all is appreciated.

Re: 91 z24 questions. plz help!!
Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:34 PM
Sounds like a busted block. I think the water jacket runs right behind the starter.

I could be wrong though. I don't have my service manual in front of me.

-----
Mike

Friday, October 08, 2010 2:07 PM
i belive it is sad to say. what all do i need to put a 3100 in it? id rather do that instead of another 3.1 or 2.8.
Saturday, October 09, 2010 10:58 AM
Pretty much just the motor. You should be able to re-use most/all of the sensors. Be sure to swap your injectors over.

-----
Mike

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search