Anywhere I can get a replacement oem turbo? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anywhere I can get a replacement oem turbo?
Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:32 PM
Sorry to post this question, but I think the turbo is going out in my 89 sunny gt with 116,000 miles, whenever I'm idling i hear this boiling over/rattling sound coming from below/around the radiator cap, boost "seems" fine, gauge is reading what it was before the noise and idle rpm's are fine, but I can't figure out what else is making this noise, I'm not leaking any fluid and it's too loud to be coolant boiling. Anyway I don't know much about replacing a turbo, and I want to make sure I get a factory oem bolt on turbo, I have read it's a garret t-15, but I'm only getting t-15 listed for asian imports, and I'm worried it just wont bolt on, anyone know what else this noise might be or where I could get a turbo? Thanks

Re: Anywhere I can get a replacement oem turbo?
Friday, October 15, 2010 6:17 AM
Your turbo is a garrett t25, model TB252,a t15 would be great for a ski-doo if you have one...lol

if the turbo isn't leaking oil or coolant and boosts fine, it should be alright. i check my shaft for play by removing the air inlet tube and moving it back a forth.

the only thing in the area you describe the noise is the a/c pump, if you have it try taking the belt off.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search