My 94 sunbird isnt running right - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 94 sunbird isnt running right
Sunday, January 09, 2011 1:49 PM
Well a few days ago My car started to run like crap when driving down the road. It felt like it was running on 4 cyls.And has hardly any power. And this has been doing it for about 2 week now. So today I checked all my coil packs and I'm getting spark out of all 3 of them coil packs. I checked the front 3 spark plugs as well and there is spark on those 3. checked all 6 of the injectors and the ohms on all 6 are between 12.1 to 12.3 ohms. So now I'm thinking maybe bad fuel presser regulator, clogged fuel filter, or fuel pump is going bad. I have no fuel presser tester so how else can I tell if I'm not getting enough fuel to the rail? I really need to figger this out because this is my only car. I have alot of parts for this engine so let me know and I will try it. Thanks

1994 Sunbird pics
Mods- lund hood lovers, Kenwood Cd player, WAI, Moog problem solver Swaybar endlinks, Kicker DS350 3.5" in dash speakers, Kicker DS6930 6"x9" rear deck speakers, New shocks from Napa, New Moog rear springs, New foglight glass from a Z26, New front right engine mount, Z24 hood, new heater core
Mods soon to come- Turbo, LMC Euro Truck Headlights
Car price $400.00
Total into the car $432.00 So far
Spelling owns me

Re: My 94 sunbird isnt running right
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:42 PM
Umm not super fluent with ur model but I would suggest spend five or six bux on the fuel filter espec if it is old and you cannot remember when it was last changed.Next how is the exhaust flow out the back.You might have a particially blocked convertor which will choke the engine with backpressure and gradually get worse.Your model def has a schraeder valve to check fuel psi easily.You might be able to get it as a loaner tool,or have a shop just check it for not tooo much I would hope.As long as your wires are good and plugs that's what comes to mind.I am sure james cahill could point u in the right direction being he knows ur gen pretty solid.Do the cheap stuff first it could be nothing more than that.Hope this helps.

Re: My 94 sunbird isnt running right
Friday, January 14, 2011 9:48 AM
I changed the fuel filter, UIM pluem gasket (due to checking the injector resistance). I dont have a catalytic converter I cut it out and put a glass pack because the converter was shot. So far after changing the fuel filter and the UIM pluem gasket it seams to be running way better. I should replace the plugs and wires again well more so the plugs. Just to be on the safe side. Well thanks for the insite.

1994 Sunbird pics
Mods- lund hood lovers, Kenwood Cd player, WAI, Moog problem solver Swaybar endlinks, Kicker DS350 3.5" in dash speakers, Kicker DS6930 6"x9" rear deck speakers, New shocks from Napa, New Moog rear springs, New foglight glass from a Z26, New front right engine mount, Z24 hood, new heater core
Mods soon to come- Turbo, LMC Euro Truck Headlights
Car price $400.00
Total into the car $432.00 So far
Spelling owns me

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search