odd problem... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
odd problem...
Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:46 PM
this problem just happened i shut off my car and the engine light flickered and i thought its nothing but when i took my key out and opened the door my radio was still playing an i tryed shutting the door and opening it over and over and i tryed starting the car and shuting it off but it still does it everytime any guesses what it might be?
let me know what u think it is, and if this happened to you let me know how you fixed it!

Re: odd problem...
Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:45 PM
I never heard of anything like this, but the first thing that comes to my mind is your key may be just stripped enough to allow you to remove it from the lock cylinder while it is still turned slightly forward. To test this, just start the car and without turning back the key, see if you can pull it out.
Re: odd problem...
Monday, January 17, 2011 10:00 PM
Worn ignition cylinder.What happens is the contacts on the switch wear out and even though you turned the car OFF,the key is supplying power as if it were in the ACC mode.Nothing to fret over.IF you wiggle the key and it goes OFF that answers the problem.You need a new ignition cylinder.Easier said on issue,know to remove the old switch is another story.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search