92 cavalier 3.1 normal operating temp... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
92 cavalier 3.1 normal operating temp...
Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:25 AM
hey guys just wondering yes i know its a convertible that i own so i shudnt expect it to be hot as fook in the winter...but the heater seems a lil cool to me and kinda weak blowing...now at hot temp it sits at 1/4 ways up, this normal?

~~92 Cavalier Z24 Convertible Auto with all the bells and whistles!~~

Re: 92 cavalier 3.1 normal operating temp...
Monday, January 24, 2011 9:39 PM
Cool heat probably means several things.Could be you need to do a flush,and need to replace the radiator cap,thermostat,hoses.Being you prob have the orig radiator and heater core both could have serious build up reducing flow.You can start simple,flush it out (my suggestion use some lime away) I have used this and it will greatly clean out residue in the entire system better than any other standard flush product.I drained my system,refill with water and add a bottle or so(used a bottle/half) drove around for 30 min and heat on and came back drained.Refilled and ran for about 15-20 min and drained(did the refill /drain process 3 times) this requires running at idle and then drain,refilling to finally have clean water on my 3rd flush job .If your hoses are over four yrs old replace them(recommended by hose manuf and I do this regardless).As for the gauge going up could be a blockage somewhere or thermostat not opening properly,or even a faulty radiator cap.Do the flush,hoses,cap,therm and then reevaluate the issue after that.Worst case u might need a new heater core(but if u do this) I would go new rad at the same time(my suggestion) being the age of the car.Hope this helps.

Re: 92 cavalier 3.1 normal operating temp...
Monday, February 14, 2011 7:31 PM
Mine runs about a 1/3 of the way up. 94 Z24. Has for 10 years now. Heat works great though. So probably running at the right temp, but you might have lost a blower or the heater core is going on you. (I've had to change mine once)

Everything Louder than Everything else
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search