Centre Console removal? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Centre Console removal?
Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:13 PM
Wtf holds that thing in? I need to get to the shifter linkage from the inside, and I think the easiest way will be to remove the centre console.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Re: Centre Console removal?
Monday, February 21, 2011 6:46 AM
Hi

Take off the shifter knob there is a allen screw in the front of it (manual) or a U pin on Auto.
Take off the handbrake handle, there is a screw on the drivers side near the base of the handle.
There are two screws at the very back on the sides at the bottom.
Take out the felt bottom of the Change Holder, there is one screw in the bottom of it.
Take off the front Ashtray/heater controls/radio bezel (it snaps in with little hooks). Be sure to take out the ashtray light as you pull the bezel out.
Unhook the heater ducts from each side of the front of the console.
At the front of the console top are two screws (you will see them once the ashtray is removed.
Lift it up some and remove the Power Window switch. There is a spring type clip made into the back of the bezel.
You can then remove the top of the console. You may need to move your shifter and handbrake lever to get the top to slide over them.

Once the top is off, you will see;
There is one screw on the left side of a crossmember that is at the front top of the consle lower portion. The other side of the crossmember is riveted in to swivel. Take the screw out to let the console spread apart some.
There are two screws on the front sides. These might be slightly covered with the console carpet.
There are two final screws at the back under were the rear ashtray was.

I think that covers all of them. Hope this helps.
Re: Centre Console removal?
Monday, February 21, 2011 6:08 PM
That is superbly helpful. Thanks!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search