Turbo Motor build - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Motor build
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 9:07 PM
I would greatly appreciate any help I could get here. Ive decided to go to the sick side of the spectrum and build up my 1988 2.0L turbo motor for my sunbird GT. Im hoping to see 250-275 hp all said and done. Also, looking to install a t-3 /t-4 hybrid turbo.Anyone know any good places to get performance parts or a great machine shop that specializes in turbo charged4 bangers? I don't mind paying the shipping for the right shop. I have alot of ideas for the car, but I feel it's very important to have a solid block and head setup. Also, Im looking for a manual transmission and components to swap from auto to manual. Please, any advice will be taken with the utmost gratitude. I was sad to find that manta-part shut down. Is there anyone else filling that void? Thanks to you all.

Re: Turbo Motor build
Friday, March 04, 2011 8:00 AM
You can find most of that info here,, with a bid of searching.
v6Z24
Friday, March 04, 2011 8:56 AM
I suggest Custom Engine in Aurora, IL. 630-844-1071. Tim Schomer is the owner and resident guru, and he's built our engines for years. Great shop, great guy.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:25 PM
Cool, keep us posted with updates.

I got a turbo 2.0 and getrag and swap parts sitting here waiting to go in, im just missing clutch head and cam.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:07 AM
SUPERBEE wrote: missing clutch head and cam.

Hello, I have 2 spare heads that are straight with no cracks, but no surviving cams, lifters or rockers.

From the info I have gathered, all 92-94 n/a engines used the turbo camshaft pn#94658949.
I am running a complete 93 n/a engine with turbo pistons, rods and intake in my 89 GT and it works great so far, but the turbo setup is on hold for now.

oh yeah, tell Jowek70 that more than likely his head gasket is blown, not the turbo seals. The smoke will appear to be oil but, it could be that the steam is burning off carbon from the exhaust and combustion chamber, causing blue smoke.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:51 PM
Head gasket is brand new.
Its not coolant or steam.
Its oil.
I've popped plugs and they aren't even colored yet.
Turbo elbow is black with oil soot residue.
Thanks for the help though.
Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:36 PM
I believe to go from auto to manual you will need to swap wiring harnesses? Not 100% maybe someone will throw in on that. If so i do have a 5 speed harness. If you need some good info on building it, PM me, i used to have one I built awhile back, am very familiar with these engines.

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Friday, July 08, 2011 7:22 PM
thanks lewis, ill let you know.

Sorry for the old thread bump, i dont get email notifications from this site.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search