heater hoses - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
heater hoses
Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:20 PM
Any tips on how to remove heater hoses----especially from the intake?

Re: heater hoses
Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:35 PM
What car,engine info might help to know.I can't say my 1st gen is similar but super easy to do.Drain rad,unclamp turn hoses with a pair of channel locks or pry loose with a flat head screw driver or by hand.You might have to cut the ends to make them release being your going new it really will not matter if there cut up.Be carefull on the ends going into the firewall bc that is copper pipe and be damaged with too much gripping force!!Idk what else to suggest at the moment except USE new clamps,and using a product made by permatex Hi tach gasket sealant small can.Just clean the areas of pipe or connection with brake cleaner with a rag,super clean,then use the permatex (it has a brush) dap some of this on the inside of each end of the hose slide on,clamp.This stuff is super sticky and does not take ALOT,but will seal this 100% to prevent leaks and is totally safe for use with antifreeze,fuel, oil related hoses.Napa,auto zone,advance etc carry this comes in a small white container with there part # 80062 that is permatexs number stamped on the label.The stuff is red in color,and brake cleaner will clean any residue it leaves excess messy.Hope this helps

Re: heater hoses
Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:31 PM
It's the 2.2 in a 90. The only one i'm really having a problem with is the one that goes into the underside of the intake and it still has the factory spring clamp; If it were a screw clamp i could probably get it off no problem.

i guess the next obvious question would be how to get the power steering pump off..................
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search