I will be buying and parting out a 89 Cavalier Z24 on Monday - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I will be buying and parting out a 89 Cavalier Z24 on Monday
Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:31 PM
I posted this in the regional forums 2 days ago, and no responces, but I think this is important, so wanted to share it someplace that maybe seen more offen.
I have an 89 Chevy Cavalier, 70,000 original miles and i love this car.
On Monday morning Oct 15th I will travel 100 miles to purchase a 89 Cavalier Z24 from a salvage yard and strip many parts on site, then give it back to them and they will crush it.
The salvage yard got it from a pawn shop that lost the title and keys; I have verified with my local PD that the car is not stolen by Vin number.
I really wish i could have it towed here to my place, (I have always wanted to put a V6 in my Cavi) but I live in an apartment, and have no place to store it.
It is a shame (maybe even a J-Body sin), the car is in too good a condition, but the salvage yard says it would cost $120 to get the title from a storage lien and about 3 months for it to be processed, and once again, I have no place to store it.
So what here is what I am proposing. I will be removing many parts, some I need, some will be spares, but any parts that someone needs and i dont need, I would be happy to pull while I am there and I can work you a good deal. The engine and transmission is out of the question unless you can meet me there and pull it yourself (or we can work a deal that the storage yard will hold it for you).
Here is a list of what I plan to pull for myself.
Hood, Trunk lid, side skirts, front and rear bumper covers, LH rear tail light, armrests, seat belts, instrument cluster, oil pressure and temperature sending units, speedometer cable, air cleaner (I hope to adapt it to mine so that I can put a K&N filter in mine), sway bars, Stearing wheel, dash board, dash wiring, windshield wiper motor and control switch, door auto lock and control module, and the 14 inch alloy wheels.
I do plan on pulling every exterior light and keep them as spares, unless someone needs one.
I am sure there will other parts I will want to get once I am there.
But if anyone thinks of other parts I may want to get or you may need, please let me know.

You can email me at bill.gremler@cox.net

Bill

Re: I will be buying and parting out a 89 Cavalier Z24 on Monday
Monday, October 15, 2012 9:35 PM
www.v6z24.com

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:05 AM
I went last monday, pulled the side skirts, front and rear bumper covers, instrument cluster, lots of swithces, all lights assemblies and the alloy wheels.
I just finished installing the side skirts on my 89 Cav base model yesterday (looks good), i will post picks when i have a chance.
I was unable to get everything I wanted last monday because of time (and the Highlander was litterly full to the top),
so going back again next monday, will pull the hood and rear sway bar.

If anyone needs something, this is the last chance.let me know,

Bill
Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:46 AM
a pic of my Cav with the side skirts
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search