I have a 91 Sunbird and there are no extra badges on the car. . . - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I have a 91 Sunbird and there are no extra badges on the car. . .
Saturday, March 02, 2013 12:30 PM
. . . So how do I find out what sub-model(LE, SE, etc) it is?I mean, I know it is a 3.1L V6, but I get asked when I buy parts what model it is and I have no idea because there are no badges on the car anywhere that tell me. . . I know it sounds dumb but I really don't know how to find this out. . .

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Pat, the broke single Dad with a 91 Sunbird.

Re: I have a 91 Sunbird and there are no extra badges on the car. . .
Saturday, March 02, 2013 1:16 PM
Go to compnine and look it up by VIN #. And unless you have a GT, nothing is going to be any different on any model of the Sunbird.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, March 29, 2013 5:48 AM
The turbo four was deleted for 1991, replaced by the Cavalier's 3.1L V6. With Multi-Port Fuel Injection, it produced 140 hp (100 kW) at 5200 rpm, and 185 lb·ft (251 N·m) of torque at 4800 rpm. Although there was less horsepower under the hood, power came much quicker and smoother than the Turbo, with about the same fuel economy. The V6 engine could be ordered in any model, save the new-for 1991 base value model. The SE coupe received the LE coupe front fascia, but the GT's fascia could still be ordered with a sport package exclusive to SE coupes.

You have an SE or LE. ( not a Base or GT)

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Friday, March 29, 2013 5:57 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/sunbird/1991/

Looks like if you have rally guages, tinted glass and a rear spoiler then you have an SE . If not, its a LE.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Friday, March 29, 2013 7:34 AM
BETTER INFO !

4th and 5th letters of your VIN............From Chilton Book # 28320

JC = Sunbird base
JB = Sunbird LE
JD = Sunbird SE
JU = Sunbird GT

Hope this helps you better.

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search