90 sunbird turbo misfires!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
90 sunbird turbo misfires!!
Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:02 PM
Has anyone had there 2.0 turbo misfire from idle up 3000 rpms? I have replaced the plugs ,wires, cap, and rotor. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Re: 90 sunbird turbo misfires!!
Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:58 PM
Coil? Did you gap them correctly? Also maybe you need a lower temperature or try higher octane. Could also be a fuel pump. Did you check the pressure? Is your boost holding steady?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, July 26, 2013 10:34 PM
A touch tired but I might suggest the map sensor.I would not rule out some crazy stuff like the egr valve getting stuck and choking it to death literally.I may be off in thoughts but,these two items could duplicate or cause the idle and or rpms to go crappy under certain conditions.

Monday, July 29, 2013 2:23 PM
First check the Engine management Ground wires. Nice and clean and tight. Should all be on a engine stud all together.

Test your coil and your ignition module.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:00 PM
I would say it's one of your fuel injectors that are causing the misfires..

I had the same problem and like you I changed the same parts as you did and it end up being 2 fuel injectors that a guy that I knew very well installed a bad set and I was pissed since he bragged all the time that he was a genius and he knew is stuff...
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:24 PM
Water in the Fuel?

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:42 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.....I recently tested the fuel pump pressure and it was low.....So it looks like I am going to be changing my fuel pump!!!!!! I am thinking about changing the fuel injectors while I am at it....I am sure it cant hurt
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search