Hidden Headlight Swap Sunbird - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hidden Headlight Swap Sunbird
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:29 PM
Can it be Done? ( 88 and up GT to LE?) What body/electrical parts are required ?

Thanks , Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: Hidden Headlight Swap Sunbird
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:38 PM
Need the headlight assembly, both headlights and the relay. Not sure about the fenders or hood on the 88. As long as it has the 2ndgen setup you are fine. Unless your going with a 1st gen setup.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:15 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Need the headlight assembly, both headlights and the relay. Not sure about the fenders or hood on the 88. As long as it has the 2ndgen setup you are fine. Unless your going with a 1st gen setup.

Not the relay, the controller. They're actually two different things. You'll also need the wiring harness. It plugs into the factory firewall connector but has the additional connectors for the door motors and controller. Body wise it should be a direct swap.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:11 PM
Thanks for the Info.......................Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Friday, February 07, 2014 8:47 AM
I would love to do this swap.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Friday, February 07, 2014 3:48 PM
I'm not , someone on the Pontiac Forums allready got the set up and was asking, couldnt find anything on the net so I figured the guys here would know. Thanks again.

Doug in P.R.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:46 PM
SUPERBEE wrote:I would love to do this swap.

We still need to get together for a beer at some point.

Sunday, February 09, 2014 11:45 PM
oh @!#$ man, I forgot you were somewhat close..... come spring time hopefully the bird will be working flawless with a turbo and 5 speed and I can take her out for a little road trip. Ill hit you up then.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search