2.0 OHC Thermostat Housing Needed - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 OHC Thermostat Housing Needed
Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:53 PM
Need one of these ( used and in good shape) for someone on the Pontiac Forums, If you have a used one or know where one is let me know.... Thanks

http://www.davesdiscountautoparts.com/catalog-1/itemdetail/acdelco-oe-service/15-10579

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: 2.0 OHC Thermostat Housing Needed
Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:40 AM
do you still need one?

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Monday, June 08, 2015 5:19 PM
I"ll ask, Thanks..... Doug

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 4:42 PM
He contacted me today saying he sold the car. Thanks for offering , Bee. .

Doug in P.R.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:38 PM
Ok no problem.... I had about 3 of everything to a 2.0 engine for a while...i finally scrapped most of it so I wanted to make sure.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Friday, June 12, 2015 4:50 PM
I'd hang on to those housings since they arent made anymore, could be golden, down the road.......

Doug in P.R.

Sunday, June 21, 2015 8:37 PM
Yep , have the same issue with the even older 1.8's. These things corrode and are going to be a major PIA as time drags forward. Could very well wind up being one of the headaches that take a lot of these survivors off the roads one day. Too bad they weren't made out of the same stuff the head was made of.

Monday, June 22, 2015 12:37 PM
Someone needs to stock up on them when they find some in the yards, but since they are steel , a good fabricator should be able to duplicate them in a pinch.

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search