New Car - Page 5 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Car
Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:35 PM
Hello all. This the 100th post and it may not be the happiest. Well I recently installed new outer tie rod ends, front wheel bearings, and lower ball joints. She just needs lined up now.
The other night I was on my way home and slid around a turn, sending my car through a fence and over a rather large hill. Amazingly the car was unharmed and I drove it home the next day. Anyhow, I just bought a '99 Cavi sedan from a buddy of mine who left for the military. It is currently acting as my dd, however it needs a bit more work then I was hoping (Radiator, starter, blower motor, ABS module, etc). All said I need around $600 worth of parts or so. One of the guys I work with has a '99 Cavi RS in near mint condition minus the head for $300, so I'm gonna buy it and use it for parts. The point I'm trying to get to here is I'm most likely going to sell my '90. I have a friend who's been trying to get it from me for a while now.

Re: New Car
Saturday, June 06, 2015 10:53 AM
Hi everyone, Just wanted to give an update. Can't believe it's been 6 months. Any how I did sell the '90 to my buddy for $400. He put a lot of work into it. Work I couldn't afford to do. He put a transmission in it and yada, yada. Anyhow he took me for a ride in it the other day it ran like a scolded dog. Scared the @!#$ out of me. All the work he put in it he never did put front struts on it, lol. That's one thing is needed real bad. It did make me miss it. I have recently cut my ties with Cavaliers.. not because they're bad cars but they just don't have what I want. I bought a pretty nice Grand Prix $500 about 2 months ago. I absolutely love it but it has the typical transmission problem.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search