How to get Windows to roll down and up normally... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to get Windows to roll down and up normally...
Friday, January 08, 2016 4:10 PM
I'm working on a friend's 88 Z24 with manual windows. When you go to roll the window down it basically falls forward and you have to help it down. Rolling up requires you to pull up hard on the front to keep it "in line" to make it roll up. He wants me to fix it, I thought I found the correct parts from Rock Auto but now looking at it more, I don't think they are gonna do anything. I got the front and rear window "guides" but these aren't the guides at all. The long guide pieces in the door are missing their rubber and I think the front guide might be bent. Is there anywhere to get these pieces or does anyone have a solution for this? I wanna fix it for him but I'm coming up empty on finding the parts I need.

2001 Cavalier Sport Coupe
2.2/auto...stock with 197k miles...

Re: How to get Windows to roll down and up normally...
Saturday, January 09, 2016 4:07 PM
Hi Josh.

I emailed you a picture from the factory parts book. Hope it helps.
Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:06 AM
I got the parts for mine a while back off Ebay but all the info of the part detail was lost when my old desktop computor crashed last month. I'll see if I can get some more info for you

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:26 AM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=88+sunbird+front+window+guide+clips&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X88+sunbird+front+window+guides+.TRS0&_nkw=88+sunbi rd+front+window+guides+&_sacat=0

Long one is for the front of the glass , 2 short ones for the back of the glass. Make sure you use lithium grease or vaseline in the channels to help them to slide easy. Good idea is to grease the regulator teeth at the same time while its apart also.

You have to loosen the front channel to get it all apart and back together.

Not too hard a job................Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:32 AM
rear clips
Attachments
undefined (513k)

Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:35 AM
Front clip

Attachments
undefined (462k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search