suffered a deere hit a while ago need fender - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suffered a deere hit a while ago need fender
Friday, July 01, 2016 5:22 AM
my 91 convertible suffered a deere hit a couple years back. i have yet to fix it. well, i fixed everything that was cheap and easy, the broken mirror and marker light have both been replaced. the majority of the rest of the battle damage is confined to the front passenger side fender. where do i get another fender? i see them on ebay occasionally, but the price is usually $150 for a worn out fender in questionable condition. does anyone like keystone still make body parts for these cars anymore. i would rather have a new, unmollested fender then something that might have dings and dents. also how difficult is it to remove the metal rails that go over the pinch welds on the convertible, it looks like those have to be removed in order to remove the fender. can those safely be removed in order to do repairs without effecting the structure of the car? i would not drive it with those removed.

Re: suffered a deere hit a while ago need fender
Friday, July 01, 2016 8:18 AM
Unless I'm mistaken nobody makes new fenders for 2nd gens. car-part.com is your best bet at finding a replacement unless you want to spend the money on a NOS fender on ebay.

Re: suffered a deere hit a while ago need fender
Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:37 PM
Really any fender from a 2nd gen would work.I am in NC and the 2nd gens are more available.I when I have some Free time will check the yards that are not to far for me to find a good donor.I will be very upfront on this and honest.If I find a fender that the cost maybe $40.00 on the part depending on the junkyard,I will not charge you more for the part,but you would be required to pay the full price of shipping and $30.00 for my time and pack and take to the fedex ground location to ship to you.If I Find a good fender your cost is really straight forward unless the yards charge more for the part,shipping is based on weight and I pack all my parts with the upmost CARE!!!!!!! My I only ask the $30.00 that recoups my time boxing,and taking to the ship point..I have been a Long time member since 2003 and check the 1st gen threads to give you the assurance I am not screwing you over.I do use paypal and IF I find the said part I would like the payment paid in full prior to me shipping the part if I find the fender you need.BTW which side do you need.Ron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search