Glad to be back with another 2nd gen project - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Glad to be back with another 2nd gen project
Monday, May 03, 2021 5:56 PM
Just picked up this really nice 92 about a month ago and thought I’d come say hi to everyone again lol! It’s been a while since I’ve used this site but it’s awesome to see still going. I don’t think I’d have most of the aftermarket parts I’ve collected over the years without all your help, thx!
Attachments
B49E6BF3-3CE0-4A18-8B89-5711864D60D3.jpeg (1841k)

Re: Glad to be back with another 2nd gen project
Tuesday, May 04, 2021 5:08 PM
Great find! That car looks fantastic.
Wednesday, May 05, 2021 11:00 AM
Looks clean, good buy!

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, August 08, 2021 5:01 AM
Thanks guys! I've put 5000 kms on her now and running strong lol!

The summers are really busy for me here in Canada but I'm thinking about posting my progress a lot more this winter. I have a decent parts pile going right now lol.
I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me out with a couple things though.

First, I have a set of eibach springs mounted to 1991 z24 struts, I'm wondering if they can be used on 1992 z24 without buying new struts first?
Second , wondering if anyone on here has had dealings with Wide Open Throttle, I came across them recently searching for a computer chip upgrade. They seem to be exactly what I've been looking (as far as an aftermarket for jbody cars) to find for the last 20 years lol!
Monday, August 09, 2021 1:35 AM
The strut mount will need to be replaced. I believe the 91 retained the Phase 1 mount, while the 92-94 uses the Phase 2 type.
Wednesday, August 03, 2022 4:35 PM
Thanks for the tip on the mounts. I was able to get the 92's switched in before I started the job. Cheers!
Sunday, June 11, 2023 5:02 PM
Hi there again, still at it with the 92. Everything is going great for a daily but lately if been throwing the idea of starting and engine build. Just wondering if anyone has any 3.1 parts they might want to sell? If I can't find enough parts I'm thinking a newer 3.5 or 3.9 out of a G6. I'm open to any ideas, thx!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search