CAMSHAFTS - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CAMSHAFTS
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:58 PM
hey everyone, im new here so welcome me or whatever, but check it out, my head gasket blew so i decided it was time to start some (more than bolt on) modifications, im gonna have it ported and polished, my question is, does anyone know of a performane camshaft for my engine? its a 94 2.0 n/a OHC....

THANX in advance...

Re: CAMSHAFTS
Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:35 AM
mantapart is the only one i know of
Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:19 AM
There are cams from mild to wild available from;

Kent Cams
Piper
Cat Cams
Shrick
Lexmaul
Dbilas

But........they're all from europe

You could contact Rob on Migweb here Rob at RSC He should be able to sort out a decent spec Cat Cam and help with shipping to the states.

Stef

ps the fancy steel rods shown in Robs thread for the XE will also fit the OHC if the pistons are modified to suit a full floating pin ie circlip grooves machined in.

--------------------------
LT3 Powered Vauxhall Astra.
Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Ported Big Valve Head, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More
Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:44 AM
I got a whole bunch of valvetrain parts for mine last year, take a look...

Stef

--------------------------
LT3 Powered Vauxhall Astra.
Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Ported Big Valve Head, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More
Thursday, February 08, 2007 1:00 PM
dude, if you could help me, i need a good cam for my car, and some other things, its a 2.0L OHC sunbird (1989)thanks

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:17 PM
www.coltcams.com

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, February 08, 2007 5:43 PM
alright, thanks man, tooks like they got alot, and they custom make? know naywhere for bigger valves, valve springs, retainers, cam followers, and lifters as well? thanks

Thursday, February 08, 2007 5:55 PM
I need more performance from my Sunbird too. I plan on a teardown and rebuild in the spring some time.
Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:01 PM
yea, go to my myspace, www.myspace.com/bullet_2005 and my latest blog is there if u wanna know what all im doin or check out my car domain... it have some good pics of my teardown... its http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2428046 what parts you need? i can prolly get u some of them

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:10 PM
Mine is a turbo Sunbird, and I have a slightly bigger turbo and am running more boost than stock. It's running fine, but I want to freshen the engine up a little and get more power.
Friday, February 09, 2007 4:01 PM
mantapart makes a good cam but they are a real bear to deal with. 2.0 motors respond very well to head work, esp. p&p jobs as the heads on these motors are sssoooo restrictive. so much material that could be taken outta there lol

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Monday, February 19, 2007 7:05 AM
What all can you do to the head on these motors for more HP? I already know im doing a port and polish, 3 angle valve job, and getting oversize valves, do you know of anything else that would give a gain? thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search