speaker? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speaker?
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:21 AM
what size is the speakers in the dash.i have pioneer and their blown.also any recommendations.thanks in advance

Re: speaker?
Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:05 AM
3 and a halfs, I think...

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:29 PM
^^yep^^ your correct

**changes are here**

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:42 PM
You can get 4" speakers to fit with some minor trimming.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:40 PM
you can also put in 4x6 plate speakers. i havent done it, but i know people have. i personaly got rid of them and put 5 1/4" components in kick pods.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:06 AM
floor's even better than kick pods, evens out the difference in distance even more. I've got some 6.5" Infinity Kappas in mine. Even better imaging than you'd get with kick pods. (Yeah, the picture is old and shows some damn old Blaupunkts, heh)
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:43 AM
they are 3 1/2's, simple as that.

Sam
Friday, January 27, 2006 12:03 AM
Friday, January 27, 2006 9:10 AM
Hey, Clayton. Go over too a junkyard, look for a Cadillac Cimmaron with a 2.0 and find the analog gauge cluster. It replaces your stock cluster, but has Speedo, Tach, Oil, Temp, Fuel, instead of the stock speedo and fuel with idiot lights like that style gauge cluster you have.

It requires a little pin relocation on the stock harness and you would need too swap sensors on the engine (coolant and oil pressure), but when I had that style Cav Dash, it was worth it.

A lot of people dislike those flat dashes, but I think they are pretty clean, low profile, they just make the front feel roomer.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:25 AM
ooooh, thanks for the tip! I've got an aftermarket tach hanging in front of the middle set of idiot lights right now cuz the car didn't come with one. I always thought that was strange, since it's a 5spd. Anyways, I'd definitely prefer one in the dash to one hanging in front of it, haha. I'll have to take a look around the local places one weekend when I get the chance, thanks!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:47 PM
Yeah with 2nd gens, it seems all the automatics got tachs while few of the 5spds, did! My idiot light was burnt out, so I just learned to shift based on the sound of the engine...later on I checked the manual, turned out I was shifting at just the speeds the manual suggested to!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search