88 Z24 exhaust - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
88 Z24 exhaust
Monday, July 07, 2008 9:46 PM
just picked up an 88 Z w/2.8 5spd, needs exhaust, dont care if its loud, suggestions.....

Burn some dust-Eat my rubber!!!!

Re: 88 Z24 exhaust
Monday, July 07, 2008 11:04 PM
If you really want the car to perform, rebuild the engine first. Then, get new plugs, replace the 20 year old moving parts with new ones, get a cam kit and some 1.6 rockers, new pushrods, lighter pulleys, have some work done on the head, and while everything's out there, get a Fidanza flywheel and a new clutch, something more suitable to high RPM driving and a lot of shifting. Shorten the shifter, too. THEN get your bolt-ons. You'll be a lot better off that way.

If you want power without work, get a 3400 SFI. It's what everyone else runs in gen 2 cars.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, July 07, 2008 11:21 PM
the motor and 5spd are only 20,000 miles old and its not in my interest to spend that much, this is strictly for driving to work and back, it doesnt even have a stereo, just want to get the bang for the buck in bolt ons for a little better performance and mileage.

Burn some dust-Eat my rubber!!!!
Monday, July 14, 2008 8:57 PM
Then you're going about this all wrong. The engine is pretty unrestricted in stock form, but if you want bolt ons, an eBay intake and MRZ pulleys will net you the same gain for MUCH cheaper, albeit it won't be much either way.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:33 PM
flowmaster 40 series sound awesome on these 60degreev6s

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:51 PM
remember if you get real bored you can fit a crossflow muffler off a camaro/firebird pretty easy and get dual exhaust.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search