Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Friday, January 22, 2010 1:22 PM
OK guys, a couple of you asked about 3 months ago for some fender braces and here they are. This is the drivers side. We figured that you will only need to see one side to know if you guys are interested. The drivers side has some type of box, that makes it sooo much harder to make. If the pass side fender is not the same then they should not be too ,too bad. Here is the on though. Fully TIG welded weighing in at 2.8lbs on each side. Has 8ft of weld, yes 8 feet. These are not your average fender brace. You will be required to drill the too holes into the frame for mounting. If interested please post up. I will give the following discounts for the first 3 orders.These will take about 3 weeks to make.

1. 30%
2. 18%
3. 8%

Prices:$199.99 Shipped, $260.99 shipped

I would price them lower,

Mark-OEM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 22, 2010 3:12 PM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Friday, January 22, 2010 1:26 PM
Some beautiful work.
On the drilling, are you talking about the top of the frame rail?
Also, if these are done correctly, they should also mount to the door hinge bolts and no drilling required for that area.

I'm very interested but won't have funds for another month or two but once the funds are there, it's a done deal.
Count me in Mark.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 22, 2010 1:33 PM
Cool, yes the mounts to the door are there, they bolt in. The two holes needing to be drilled will be the top to the frame rail.

Mark

Friday, January 22, 2010 1:58 PM
GIVE NOW!!!!!

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:02 PM
These are definatly on my to buy list. Just got to free up some funds. Probably be a few months for me too.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Friday, January 22, 2010 2:04 PM
Mark, you didn't have the pictures up previous to my first comment.
I'd actually like to see more pictures of these on the car like the one pic you have.
Very nice work though and I'm in for this with no issues.
Thanks again Mark for listening.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:28 PM
No problem guys, you keeo the ideas coming, we keep the products coming.

Mark

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:33 PM
what kinda $$ we talking about (ball park it is fine)

definetely interested.

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:39 PM
Adding that up here now. I will shoot some numbers up in a couple min.

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:40 PM
Just got off the phone with Mark and well lets just say I CANT F'ING WAIT!!!!!!!!

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:43 PM
im obviously down. i dont know if you could tell from my multiple 'OMFG' text messages from the cheesy cell pics, but yeah.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:47 PM
I know you were Mr.Brad. Give me a few more minutes and I should have a price.

Friday, January 22, 2010 3:07 PM
So your making people remove a mounting point at the top of the fenders( That whole metal brace/bracket inside there), and loose the mounting tab which sucks in the top portion of the fender and is clearly visible when you open the door? By also removing that, can't imagine how much more wind noise is going to be hear since the black deflection thing will no longer have a place to fit either.

Pic to show what i mean..

Someone goes and rests their hand on that upper portion, then upper fender will most definitely push inward possible causing some fender deformation. Not a mounting point i'd wanna loose personally especially those who may be running fiberglass fenders. Loosing structural integrity of a body part to maybe add a minuet more frame strength.

Might wanna look into some how adding that mounting tab into your design so your not loosing it.

Looks like a well made product otherwise. You'll make some people happy I'm sure, just not something I would personally do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 22, 2010 3:09 PM

Friday, January 22, 2010 3:10 PM
You dont need to cut it out completely just notch the top for the upper portion of the brace.

I brought that up when I called him today.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Friday, January 22, 2010 3:15 PM
Great job, Mark! Awesome product. Once you have a price PM me. I am buying a set for sure!

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Friday, January 22, 2010 3:15 PM
Yes, all you need to do is notch the fender brace. There is 100% no way around that unless I made the mounting points attach to the braces. Which makes the price go ^^^. People that are going to be installing these will sure know how to take 5min and notch a piece of .060 sheet metal.

Mark-OEM

Friday, January 22, 2010 3:18 PM
Wow, why not just stitch-weld those long lengths? You're not improving performance, just increasing costs. And it's not visable as a 'show' piece either...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Friday, January 22, 2010 3:43 PM
OEM wrote:Yes, all you need to do is notch the fender brace. There is 100% no way around that unless I made the mounting points attach to the braces. Which makes the price go ^^^. People that are going to be installing these will sure know how to take 5min and notch a piece of .060 sheet metal.

Mark-OEM

Alrighty, thats make it a bit more appealing then. Some people are too timid to take on a side grinder or dremel these days.

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:44 PM
OHV notec wrote:Wow, why not just stitch-weld those long lengths? You're not improving performance, just increasing costs. And it's not visable as a 'show' piece either...

My welder is like that. I am not going to complain. He is good at what he does so I leave him be.

Mark

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:19 PM
I've never quite understood or searched to found out how these work/improve? Anyone want to break it down for me and the others who don't know as well?

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:57 PM
Taken from UltraRacing.com.

SIDE FENDER BAR

Installed at the left and right side of the vehicle wheel arch or fender. Fender bars can give extra support and strength to the chassis especially during cornering.

As most of the vehicle’s front chassis over hanging is designated to carry the vertical loads from the front suspensions, it is vital that this part of the chassis is strong enough to take the bounce and rebound force of the suspension. Else, the effort of a good suspension will lose its meaning if the chassis absorbs all the forces from the suspension and not letting the suspension does what it suppose to do.

Therefore, these high quality 3-Point Fender Bars strengthen and reinforce these essential areas of your car and help maintain the suspension in position from all kind of vertical loads.

As a matter of fact, Fender Bars come as a standard feature on most of the high performance vehicles such as MITSUBISHI EVO and SUBARU WRX. Now, you can have the same feature on your car too!
Advantages of the fender bar:

Improve handling, stability at high speed and cornering, hence safer driving.
Provide a better braking and stopping performance.
Reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness).
Increase stiffness of vehicle front chassis.

Here's the page.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 22, 2010 7:59 PM
What the heck.
I didn't know this tread was up.
Good deal.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Friday, January 22, 2010 8:01 PM
I dont know about the reduce NVH part of that.

Good stuff now i know were all my income tax is going.
Friday, January 22, 2010 8:22 PM
i'm most definately interested. did i miss what these are made out of?

Friday, January 22, 2010 9:38 PM
Looks good ... your welder did a great OVERKILL job.........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search