Unmodded Grand am control arms. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Unmodded Grand am control arms.
Monday, September 10, 2012 5:30 PM
I have been wondering if anyone has ran unmodded grand am control arms. I know someone did it with camber plates but im looking to do it without if possible.

Re: Unmodded Grand am control arms.
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:07 PM
paul tjepkes did. adjusted the camber out with the tein ss camber plates. worked very nicely.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:44 PM
Yah ...I know someone did it that way. But im looking to do it without the camber plates.

but it depends on the amount of camber that extra half inch gives you.
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:46 PM
i'd bet you'd have at least 1.5 degrees with the added length of the unmodded arms if not more. could always use camber bolts if you don't have camber plates to dial out some of the camber.

Monday, September 10, 2012 8:04 PM
I am. I gained about 1.5* negative camber with them. Yes i have Tein SSs, but i kept the 1.5* of camber.

I need toyo fenders to clear a 7.5" wide wheel with a 35mm offset and 225 tires. I believe PJ is also running them with stock LSS wheels and stock fenders. I do recommend 1/2" hub spacers in the rear too.

Monday, September 10, 2012 10:06 PM
ok.. without plates. easily done... just notch the strut tower bolt holes and slide em on over.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:07 AM
Good info!

Hmm ill have to check my offset. Finding toyos is like finding a unicorn.

The rear I plan on widening with the saturn disc setup.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:20 AM
As they said slot the strut tower.. I had they Toyos once but sold them to someone on here. Don't know if he still has them.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:24 AM
Slot the top hole where the struts connect to the knuckle. You can adjust a few degrees either way with just that. Some struts come with this slot already.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:33 AM
RED wrote:As they said slot the strut tower.. I had they Toyos once but sold them to someone on here. Don't know if he still has them.

Yes I do...no they still aren't on the car lol...soon though
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:05 AM
I do have to say camber makes the car fun to drive! Im about to but some camber plates for the rear of my car.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:29 AM
Zs Z wrote:I do have to say camber makes the car fun to drive! Im about to but some camber plates for the rear of my car.

IRS?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:17 PM
Jeff Wybrow was running them unmodded with no camber plates. But he had a good amount of camber on his.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:34 PM
I have un-modded GA arms, stock springs on AGXs. My alignment is with in stock specs, had to use camber bolts. The car does sit a little lower. Combine that with the all aluminum knuckle and caliper from a GA and I gained a very noticable improvement in handling and braking.

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:36 PM
durandall05 wrote:I have un-modded GA arms, stock springs on AGXs. My alignment is with in stock specs, had to use camber bolts. The car does sit a little lower. Combine that with the all aluminum knuckle and caliper from a GA and I gained a very noticable improvement in handling and braking.
details on this set up please

see ya!

Friday, September 14, 2012 9:17 AM
N/W/F Swap how to....

This is what he did...
Friday, September 14, 2012 9:24 AM
What kind of details do you want?

Up front is poly bushings, un-modded GA arms, ball joint for aluminum knuckle, GA knuckle, GA caliper, GA 11" rotor and KYB AGX with new stock mounts, stock springs (it's my wifes DD) Eibach sway bar aaaaaaand a vert bar to top it off.

In the rear is AGXs, sotck springs, Jeffie Saturn brakes, Jeffie bushings, 1/2" spacer, Eibach sway bar.

Nothing special, everything bolted on in the front. It was as simple as replacing it with stock parts. I have camber bolts up front and the alignment is within stock specs. I have dual patter wheels so the 5x115 front is not biggie. With the rear 1/2" spacers and the 1/2" jeffie bracket the front / rear track is exactly the same. I am thinking about getting a 5x100 to 5x115 adapter for the rear to run non-dual pattern wheels.

Oh ya the tie rod ends are GA but they are the same as the Js, in fact they almost are at the exact setting with the GA stuff.

-I drive my car to work-
Friday, September 14, 2012 4:35 PM
Thank you very much i just cant do dule pattern wheels i like my 17x8

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search