KYB AGX, Eibach Pro-Kit,.....mounts? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB AGX, Eibach Pro-Kit,.....mounts?
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:50 PM
Hello all,

I've got an 02 Cavalier. I just purchased KYB AGX shocks and struts and the Eibach Pro-kit. I could have sworn I read that the AGX setup required the older style (95-99) mounts but a quick search didn't turn anything up (at least in regard to the AGXs). Was I mistaken? Was that the case for a different setup? Does it matter what mounts I use for this set up?

Input appreciated.

Thanks

Re: KYB AGX, Eibach Pro-Kit,.....mounts?
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:13 PM
The newer style are revised (and better) in my mind, the difference is the old had an independent thrust bearing in the front mounts whereas the new style is a one piece.

GM has a TSB I believe instructing the tech to replace the old style with the new style. No difference to my knowledge, the rears are the same for all third gens.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:17 PM
I don't think so. I got a set of AGX on my '03 Sunfire and I used '03 KYB Mounts. Works fine! But I changed the rear mounts after less than a year, they worn pretty fast. Now I got some rear solid mounts from OEM. Problem solved!

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:58 PM
You can use the 2000-05 mounts with the AGX, but you'll need to use the spacer that KYB provides which goes under the nut.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:42 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:You can use the 2000-05 mounts with the AGX, but you'll need to use the spacer that KYB provides which goes under the nut.

Thats what I had to do.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:21 PM
When I bought mine my instructions told me to use 95-99 style front an d rear mounts. It was back in 01 when I did my struts with the pro kit.

I like the 95-99 style since they sit about 1/4" lower than the 00-05 mounts.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, September 17, 2012 9:27 PM
I have this on my 04 and i had to make something to go inbetween the strut and the nut

gilligan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search