2nd to 3rd gen differences - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd to 3rd gen differences
Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:05 AM
Thought i had seen somewhere a list of things that got changed between each but cant seem to find...curious as to the front suspension...totally diff between 2nd and 3rd?..looking at what was supposed to be a sunfire but turns out to be a 93 or4 bird with what I thought the guy said was a bent spindle?...anyone point me to a list of what if anything is the same?

Re: 2nd to 3rd gen differences
Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:04 PM
Not a whole lot is the same, a few engine and chassis parts are probably the same or similar. Not sure I follow what your getting at with the spindle.

Have a nice day.
Monday, March 25, 2013 2:54 PM
I would think you would have better luck between 1st and 2nd gen than 2nd and 3rd.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:01 PM
What exactly do you want to know or do? The spindles are different (but if someone wanted to get into it, it is possible to use a 3rd gen spindle on a 2nd gen), some other parts are interchangeable, or can be made to fit.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:22 PM
Sorry for the delay but i was looking to see if i had the parts to fix a 94 sunbird frontend with pieces i have from a 97 sunfire i have for parts,

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:17 AM
Like I said, the spindles can be made to work, but depending on how much else is damaged, probably not worth the time and effort. It would be much easier to buy whatever you need for the Sunbird rather than modify anything to fit.

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:56 PM
Ok, Thanks for the info James.

Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:36 PM
Just wondering if the front/rear sway bars are interchangable I'm wanting to upgrade to thicker ones but I'm having a hard time for finding any specifically for 2nd gens
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:01 PM
No.

The only ones ever readily available for 2nd gens were Addco (if they're even made anymore). Mantacrap (part) used to market them, but I don't know of anyone who actually paid for and received a set. If you have a Z24, you already have the biggest ones available, anything else, you can simply upgrade to FE3 (Z24) bars.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search