cheapest lowering springs??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cheapest lowering springs???
Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:26 PM
Ok so at the moment I just have the back springs chopped unfortunately. their 2 coils cut off and heated. I want actual springs this simmer but whats the cheapest out there. found some on ebay for 80

Re: cheapest lowering springs???
Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:40 PM
Those are worse than the hack job lowering that you already did.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:30 PM
Step 1; Remove your cut springs and replace them with stock uncut ones.
Step 2: Save money and buy QUALITY struts MEANT for and can HANDLE the amount of drop you plan to have.
Step 3; Save money and buy QUALITY lowering springs with the desired drop you want.
Step 4: Enjoy safely lowered vehicle.

Honestly though the cheapest way I would ever lower a j is with KYB AGX's and either the Eibach pro kit, or Tein S-Tech's, that is a mild drop. If you want more of a drop either go with full coilovers, or Tokico D-Specs with Eibach Sportlines or Ground Controls. I have D-Specs with Tokico springs on my car now and love the setup.

Dave

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:53 PM
Inb4angry17yroldresponse.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:18 PM
David Fairhurst- ICEMAN 101 wrote:Step 1; Remove your cut springs and replace them with stock uncut ones.
Step 2: Save money and buy QUALITY struts MEANT for and can HANDLE the amount of drop you plan to have.
Step 3; Save money and buy QUALITY lowering springs with the desired drop you want.
Step 4: Enjoy safely lowered vehicle.

Honestly though the cheapest way I would ever lower a j is with KYB AGX's and either the Eibach pro kit, or Tein S-Tech's, that is a mild drop. If you want more of a drop either go with full coilovers, or Tokico D-Specs with Eibach Sportlines or Ground Controls. I have D-Specs with Tokico springs on my car now and love the setup.

Dave

So true, just bought another J and that is on my list if the stock struts are as worn as I think.

As tinkles said, you are risking yourself with cut springs and stock struts. go to a junk yard, spend twenty bucks and save up for something good. on my 62 impala you can cut springs to lower a car but with our strut suspension that is a no go.

The Agx and eibach set up is well regarded and if you do it right, $500 or so. Spend some now for safety, there are pics in the wrecked forum of people who took the cheap way out.

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:50 AM
Funny how one particulate person always comes to mind.
Friday, April 12, 2013 7:08 AM
Step 1: replace your cut springs with uncut stock ones.

Step 2: quit car modding now

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:05 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:Step 1: replace your cut springs with uncut stock ones.

but... that lower center of gravity...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:52 PM
i have a set of road magnets that ill sell cheap and/or with a mostly complete set of D specs. check the classifieds.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:47 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Step 1: replace your cut springs with uncut stock ones.

not dangerous when your car isnt on the road. I cut the springs to get an idea of how i want it to set. the car wont even e done for a while.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:31 PM
If it's going to be sitting for a while, save up for something worth while. Unless you like wasting your money.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:09 PM
cheap and suspension are two words that should NOT be used in the same sentence.

do it right the first time and save your money for a proper setup (struts/springs, coilovers, etc)

check the FAQ at the top of this forum for some good information on what route you should be taking.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:13 PM
Who need springs when you can get bags.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:40 AM
^^ Because bags are lame.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:22 AM
Check the classifieds! I ended up getting a tokico strut and eibach sportline spring set up for a little over $200! Both were used of course, but as long as there's not a ton of mileage on them and they're not shot you're way better off getting quality used stuff instead of new cheap crap. I had to be a little patient to find a couple of great deals, but it was worth it.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:15 AM
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/cat_car_domestic.html
Get some canucks. Had them on two cars I owned.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search