Recommend Strut Mounts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Recommend Strut Mounts
Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:30 AM
I've got Pro-kit springs, and KYB AGX Struts. Which Strut mounts does everyone run, or recommend? I looked through the suspension sticky, but didn't see any recommendations.

Thanks.

Re: Recommend Strut Mounts
Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:21 AM
Unless you're planning to run solid mounts any parts store replacement brand will work. They're pretty much all the same across brands. You may want to check rock auto, they often have good deals on them.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:18 PM
Cool, Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find solid mounts. Who makes them?
Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:26 PM
No one anymore. You have to watch the classifieds and hope some pop up. They also come on some coilover setups.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:15 PM
Sounds good, Thanks.
Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:41 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:49 AM
Good Afternoon, Did you use coil spring Isolators? I recently swapped out the struts on my 2003 Saturn Vue. The Strut mount kit didn't come with them so I used the old ones. They also only had one on the top. I see Rock Auto sells top and bottom Isolators for the Cavalier, for the front only. I don't want to raise the front any, unless the Pro Kit springs are designed for isolators. Thanks.
Friday, July 11, 2014 7:32 PM
The isolators are the rubber donuts that separate the spring from metal to metal contact with the mounts. You should use them unless you want spring noise.

Friday, July 11, 2014 9:00 PM
What James said.
My old ones were swapped onto my Eibach Sportlines. They are meant for it, and there's enough room.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:15 AM
Cool, Thanks. One Final question, The Eibach Prokit springs recommend cutting 25mm off the bump stops. The diagram included in the instructions said to cut from the pointed end of the bump stop. However that is the part that sets in the boot. Do you guys normally cut your bump stops? I wasn't going to worry about it since I'm only lowering 1.5". There is almost 4" of tire clearance on the car now.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:01 AM
I would. Just cut one rib off the bottom of the hard foam piece that slides over the shocks shaft.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:30 PM
I installed the springs and Struts. Pretty easy, and straight forward. I ended up using the factory bumpers uncut. The new replacements were longer than the originals. In fact the new ones cut to the length recommended by Eibach would have been the same length as the factory ones.

I also used the old springs isolators. Well I was going to use the bottom ones in the front, but one was almost gone, so I made one out of a toilet plunger. I did that on both fronts so they would match. The original struts were actually still good. That's at 140,000 miles. The driver side of the car did sit about an inch lower than the passenger side. That is why I decided to install new struts. Now it sits the same all the way around.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search