LSJ Brakes Fit on an L61 Cavalier? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ Brakes Fit on an L61 Cavalier?
Friday, August 07, 2015 4:29 PM
Hey,

WILWOOD is the way I'd go for my ride.

However, I found on ZZP two sets of LSJ upgraded brakes - looks like one from a CTS-V? and the other not sure. See links below. Can I make these work on the cavy?

http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/suspension-brakes-handling/14-5-inch-front-brake-kit.html

This next link is a much smaller rotor size and looks like the better fitment option but no idea either.

http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/suspension-brakes-handling/12-25-front-brake-kit-with-brembo-calipers.html

Thanks,

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: LSJ Brakes Fit on an L61 Cavalier?
Friday, August 07, 2015 6:59 PM
2nd link - KIT is the LNF and is made to fit an LSJ

Saturday, August 08, 2015 8:54 PM
I'm pretty sure this was talked about before and you have to swap to cobalt hubs in order for it to work. I'm sure you could get some brackets custom milled to make it work though. I really dont see a need for that much brake on a cavalier though. Just upgrade your front pads and rotors.
Sunday, August 09, 2015 10:11 AM
I'm sure it was as well. Didn't have luck searching in the 3 minutes I tried. Will check again.

So, a hub and custom brackets. Anything else needs to be done?

Sunday, August 09, 2015 2:55 PM
@#%'!in` Baer
Sunday, August 09, 2015 4:37 PM
I am pretty sure you have to swap the knuckles. There is a guy on here that did the whole 5x110 Cobalt swap so he could run LNF wheels.

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:57 AM
As with most brake swaps for our cars, I'm sure it can be done with redrilled rotors and some custom brackets, but it'll take a little research. As mentioned above, it's been done by swapping knuckles, which requires modification to the control arms in order to accept the delta ball joints, as well as custom struts.

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:04 AM
Gotcha - thanks guys. Will research it more and post back up!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search