Gm strutt ower brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gm strutt ower brace
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:18 PM
Couldn't really find a thread regarding the gm strut tower brace fitting on an 04 ls sport. I know the ecu is mounted on via a bracket on the passenger side(I deleted cruise control), which I dislike & aim to relocate it into the cab possibly in the glove box but I'll have to figure out how to do that exactly. Anyways will the gm strut tower brace fit an 04 with ecu bracket there or will I need to modify said bracket or use a ebay style strut tower brace? I prefer the gm one due to it being steel & having 3 points rather than 2

Re: Gm strutt ower brace
Sunday, November 08, 2015 9:20 AM
it will not work easily without relocating the ecu. you may be able to mod the ecu bracket to work in conjunction with the gm strut tower brace but it'll be easier to relocate the ecu. you will have the same issues with an aftermarket brace.

gm left enough wiring on the ecu harness to be able to mount it in the car. mine is located in the space under the dash directly in front of the center console.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:01 PM
Okay, so how involved is the rerouting the ecu into the cab. Would I simply drill a hole in the firewall or use preexisting hole and slide wiring through it and then mount the ecu? I want to mount it in the glove box and possibly later on fabricate or buy a protective cover for it so nothing harms it.
Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:59 PM
mine is run in through the firewall grommet near the brake master cylinder.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:47 PM
Ah, how much slack would I be working with? if I run through that grommet would there be enough to run to the glovebox or is the center console space it's limit? As long as it's not too badly exposed either will be fine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search