Reputable American made Wheel Hubs? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reputable American made Wheel Hubs?
Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:22 PM
One of my wheel hubs sounds like it's going on my 2004 cavalier. I want to purchase some wheel hubs but I have no idea what brand to use. From what I hear almost every brand uses outsourced junk. Can anyone steer me the the right direction?

Re: Reputable American made Wheel Hubs?
Sunday, May 08, 2016 5:22 PM
nothing?
Sunday, May 08, 2016 7:06 PM
I just ebay hubs, prime choice specifically. Honestly if it holds up and does the job it was meant to do it shouldn't matter if it was made in the u.s.a or by some tribe in the rain forest. If it works then it works. I have their hubs all around and they work as they're intended to. Easy peasy
Monday, May 09, 2016 12:38 PM
I don't know that any of the hubs are American made anymore. Timken and moog are both premium brands and should hold up well assuming they are installed correctly.

Monday, May 09, 2016 10:23 PM
I purchased some from prime choice as well. The 1st one went quick due to some problems with the front end but the other ones i bought still going strong, cheap too

ReD RaiN
Sunday, May 22, 2016 3:33 PM
Bought cheapies from 1aauto.com
One went bad in about a thousand miles, but after the full replacement warranty including return shipping time window.

I purchased a pair of Timkens from them and they gave me full replacement value for the original cheapies minus return shipping.
Still working fine now.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 6:03 PM
http://detroitaxle.com/

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:02 PM
Steve B. wrote:Bought cheapies from 1aauto.com
One went bad in about a thousand miles, but after the full replacement warranty including return shipping time window.

I purchased a pair of Timkens from them and they gave me full replacement value for the original cheapies minus return shipping.
Still working fine now.

Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:04 PM
Wow way to go kindle for posting before I typed anything. Anyways, 1aauto is overpriced. Primechoice is about $31 for non abs wheel hubs and about 24 for abs.
Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. Yeah I couldn't find anything. It's more about supporting American jobs than anything unfortunately we don't even have a choice to buy made in the USA anymore. I ended up getting a Moog.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search