rksport springs and stock strutts question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rksport springs and stock strutts question
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:33 PM
Just wanted to get everyones opinion on how bad this setup is for my car. I have stock struts and rksport springs. Someone told me that it will screw up a lot of things. I have had the setup for a year and have not had any problems at all but it is slowly getting bouncier. I am trying to put of doing anything with the suspension at the time because I would like to get air ride in the near future, but I just wanted to make sure it was not unsafe for me to drive and that it would cause more problems in the future. Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: rksport springs and stock strutts question
Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:23 PM
If it's bouncier then your dampers are shot. You need new ones.

You suggest that new struts will be a waste because you want air ride. Why, then, did you waste money on the springs?

This is one of those times when you should have followed your plan rather than doing some half-assed stuff along the way that's just going to slow down your progress.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:32 PM
I did not want air ride when I first got my springs. So there isnt really anything on my car that is half-assed. I did everything I did to it over the summer last year and thought I would leave it that way but decided I would probably do more. I just wanted to know what damage if any having these spring without struts would cause.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:44 PM
lowering your car on stock struts isnt good for them at all, you shouldnt lower your car unless you are gettin some new struts, i would put the oem springs back on until you get the air ride, peace
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search