Questions about air ride setups - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions about air ride setups
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:51 PM
I'm kicking around some ideas, my question is can i use say tokico struts or konis and put my own bags on top of them to create air struts? or do i have to buy someone elses struts, say easy street or such? if i can make my own what do i need to look for to create a proper setup? thanks in advance.

J~

Re: Questions about air ride setups
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:40 PM
There are some brands of Air bags that are ment to slide right over a normal strut.

SO yes you could do this.

BUt you will be the test dummy on fiding out how long the struts will actualy last and if they even drop very low.

THeres no doubt in my mind that the struts you mentioned will offer more than enough damping control for an air bag. But the thing I dont know is how those struts will handle being almost fully compressed on a normal basis.

Now I know that out back my stock struts do not fully compress so Im not worried about that. Up front I have Easystreet struts. SO I cant help you there.

Honestly. I would spring for the easytreets. At least up front. Because the bags made to slide over struts arnt cheep so its not much more money to get something made to handle it.

I am all that is man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search