KYB - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB
Saturday, September 19, 2009 7:48 AM
How do these bad boys do?

I'm still rocking the stock set up, granted I might start AutoX the Cav down the road....

How well do they hold up? I've heard mixed reviews on them. Something that can handle the roads here in MI....

I've already seen that the sensa-tracs don't seem to last here.....

Re: KYB
Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:57 AM
GR-2's are fine as a stock replacement, but not for lowering. I have a set of the GR-2's for the N-body on the rear, as I have the Alero IRS swap... coupled with Eibach Pro-kit springs... but I know they're blown. They don't handle like they used to.. still better than the stock beam axle was, but that's not the point I was getting at...

AGX are good for lowering.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:08 AM
I've got some KYB's on the 'blu and with the Pro Kit springs they ride surprisingly good. Much better than the stockers with more damping too.
I'd say they're an excellent strut considering the abuse of the ones I've got and how hard they're driven.
They don't have the damping necessary for high speed sweepers you'd find on a track but for street use and some good springs, are an excellent buy.

Good luck with it Dave.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:06 AM
John Lenko wrote:GR-2's are fine as a stock replacement, but not for lowering. I have a set of the GR-2's for the N-body on the rear, as I have the Alero IRS swap... coupled with Eibach Pro-kit springs... but I know they're blown. They don't handle like they used to.. still better than the stock beam axle was, but that's not the point I was getting at...

AGX are good for lowering.

Sweet....It's for the wife's cav anways, since she wants to keep it. No lowering for her.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:08 AM
Misnblu wrote:I've got some KYB's on the 'blu and with the Pro Kit springs they ride surprisingly good. Much better than the stockers with more damping too.
I'd say they're an excellent strut considering the abuse of the ones I've got and how hard they're driven.
They don't have the damping necessary for high speed sweepers you'd find on a track but for street use and some good springs, are an excellent buy.

Good luck with it Dave.

Thanks James. After I change up her car, mine will not too far down the road. Not sure if I want to lower her though......

Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:37 AM
Cmon Dave, you know you want to drop it just a tad.
Where's that ole DaveZ that I used to know.
Anyway, good luck with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:19 AM
Misnblu wrote:Cmon Dave, you know you want to drop it just a tad.
Where's that ole DaveZ that I used to know.
Anyway, good luck with it.

Hmmm.....We'll see. You say that. and then I'll have to get a tire and rim package too. That's how it starts.

I do want to drop the Balt though, or at least put bigger wheels on it......I swear it looks like a 2dr 4x4...

Monday, September 21, 2009 9:48 AM
KYB GR-2 are OEM replacements. I have been in a car with KYB GR-2 and lower springs and it was not as good as the owner claimed because i have driven on better. I had Koni's on Ground Control when i had my car and it rode well.
If you get AGX you will be fine.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search