rear disk break drag - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear disk break drag
Monday, October 19, 2009 2:06 PM
ok i have done the neon rear dish and was needing to know the part number for the willwood valves eveyone used to keep the breaks from draging

Re: rear disk break drag
Monday, October 19, 2009 3:18 PM
ok i took about 45mins lol reading the how to to find out the willwood residual pressure valves I will need 2 psi Wilwood valves, part number: 260-1874

ok now my ? is would stock presser valves off the dodge intrepid work if so ill just slap them on i have the ones the junck yard gave me when i got my brake calapers

Monday, October 19, 2009 4:01 PM
How do you know they are dragging? You sure its not your brake drum pads that are dragging? The metal backplate dragging? It takes a lot of adjustment to get just perfect. I didn't have any dragging with my conversion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:36 PM
i know its not the backing plate i dorve the car to work so i guss ill pull it apart tomorro and see whats rubing im pritty sure its the calapers

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:00 PM
never had dragging issues with the neon set up on my buddies and never had it with the big break kit on mine, didn't add a thing. I'd check over everything again, make sue your adjustments are right.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:03 PM
Yep no dragging here either.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:19 PM
ok after takeing it all apart and messing with the parking break 3 times i came to find out the part store sold me bent rotors so took them back swaped them for some new ones and problem fixed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search