STD coilover group purchase interest - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
STD coilover group purchase interest
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:40 AM
Hey everyone, I have been getting lots of pm and email requests for STD coilover prices and availability.

I would like to start a group buy for those interested, depending on demand, prices will go lower for the more ordered.

I would also like to announce I have been working with Mark @ OEM to develop the R-5 kit for the STD's that would include OEM's high quality rear pillow ball top mount and custom lower mount for the rear strut.

Other kits available are the:

S-1
R-1
R-3

For more information on the products being offered, click here

Any questions/comments, please post or pm.

Re: STD coilover group purchase interest
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:59 AM
ballpark prices on these? I have interest but wont be til late spring/early summer if at all.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:11 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:ballpark prices on these? I have interest but wont be til late spring/early summer if at all.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:13 PM
Here are retail prices, GP will be lower (obviously), How low depends on interest.

S-1 - $1135 + shipping
R-1 - $1290 + shipping
R-3 - $1395 + shipping

I was able to get a few sets out last year under the initial try out of these, and was selling the R-3 kits for $1150 out the door I believe. So the more that gets bought, the better the deal. I don't have the R-5 kit pricing as of yet.

Hopefully a few of my guinea pigs will post up here.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:14 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:ballpark prices on these? I have interest but wont be til late spring/early summer if at all.

Would OEM be designing brand new mounts? The reason I ask this, (not bashing anyone at all) is that all the parts I have from Mark are more function over form. There is not a lot of care put into deburring and things like that. I have a set of rear mounts from him, (that he worked a smoking deal on for me) that although fully funtional, could have used a bit more clean up work. The bolt holes look like they were plasma cut, and don't have clean edges, and the welds were sloppy.

Once again, not bashing Mark, just asking questions. After all the crap me and Mark have given each other, I wouldn't have ordered from him if I didnt have faith in his parts. But to work with STD, I think his parts would need more refining.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:28 PM
are these the mounts that also hit the hood?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:48 PM
Interested

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:55 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:are these the mounts that also hit the hood?

no i got rears ones with pillow balls to replace the rears that just used urathane bushings. i was tired of the sqweak. The pillow ball is good quality, but the plates are not symetrical in size and shape, and the holes look like they were poorly machined in.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:59 PM
R5 you say?

I'll be waiting here.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:02 PM
honestly, ive never heard comments like that about Mark's work, and his products i have seen personally dont agree with your statements, but i assure you only the highest quality parts will be used on these.

the mounts on ths std's never hit the hood, one persons adjustment knob did, but i believe it was determined to be installation error IIRC. i did make std aware of it back in the day, and i will check on that to verify.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:08 PM
Marks work as truly stepped up in the last year or so. I've gotten a few things from him and I couldn't be happier.

He has definitely grown from where he was and it shows.

But this isn't about Mark lets hear more about these STD's!!!!!

R5 was mentioned I do believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:13 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Marks work as truly stepped up in the last year or so. I've gotten a few things from him and I couldn't be happier.

He has definitely grown from where he was and it shows.

But this isn't about Mark lets hear more about these STD's!!!!!

R5 was mentioned I do believe.

my question was more about the mounts since they are his going on the STD's thats all. i mean im interested but gotta get the car done before i start looking at these...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:17 PM
I'm sorry but what the hell is std... I'm so lost

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:34 PM
did you click the link posted?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:44 PM
Interested in the R-1s depending on time frame of the GP, and pricing obviously...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:52 PM
Was getting ready to buy B&G coilovers, but I'll be watching this. If there is enough interest to get the price right I'll be interested.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:53 PM
i would say im more interested even with taxes coming too!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:31 PM
Interested in the R1 kit, especially if R3s were selling for 1150 out the door. I also read custom spring rates were a possible option early on; is this still an option?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:55 PM
If anyone wants a good review I can post something up. I have the R3 kit with Marks Solid rear Mounts.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:04 PM
Phil, please do post up a review on them, i think it will help everyone out.

and i would have this open to all applications, not just j's. so if you have application q's, lemme know.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:24 PM
def interested as i need some coilovers for my J

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:39 PM
As most of you know I have the R3 kit which is the track kit. I love them to death. The adjust-ability is top notch. My car literally is tucking tire all the way around. Rides amazing. Ryan has driven my car and a lot of have ridden in it. It's smooth and rides much better then you'd think. Everyone is always very surprised at how well it rides for how low it is. If you get into a series of potholes or bumps it gets kinda rough but then settles back out again. I have my dampening set in the middle, so I could go even softer. Build quality is top notch, the parts still look brand new even after having them on for a year. Having them with dual height adjusting is perfect. The camber adjustment for the front is very easy and almost fool proof. However I did mine on an alignment rack so it was even. IMO The STD is the PREMIER coilover for the J. I like these much better then the tein SS's I had on my old car. It's really all I can say, I am %100 satisfied with this product.

I have had before
Tein SS
Tein Basic
RK Sport Coilover Kit
Koni/Sportline
Koni Ground Control

and getting into these I was amazed. worth every single penny.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:57 PM
i'm in for r5's. been waiting for this to happen again.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:07 PM
watching for R-5s.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:12 PM
sounds like R3's from me, talking with PJ, the rear pillow balls make it so you have to dump the front to even the car out? that still how it is?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search