Lowering Car....w/ 2.25 Custom Exhaust Pipe - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering Car....w/ 2.25 Custom Exhaust Pipe
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:29 PM
I'm going w/ Koni Yellows with Ground Control, and I got 2.25 piping, will my pipe scrape........Also I got 18's with 215/40/18 Falken Ziex....and from searccing on the org. I believe those will fit if lowered w/out any mod.s, right??? Thanx!

Re: Lowering Car....w/ 2.25 Custom Exhaust Pipe
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:46 PM
it shouldnt because u can adjust the oilover so that it wont and from what im told the rims will be ok
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:23 PM
We dont know how the pipe on your car was run.
Sence its custom it could have been run closer to the swing arm out back than the stock one was.

When I bagged my car my 2.25 was way to close. I took it back and they built 3 dif rear sections before they finaly got it right so it would clear.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:36 PM
it could, i have scraping right now because morons at Monroe cant weld and they all busted

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:07 PM
Thanxs for the replies.....I'm going to knock on wood and hope that it don't scrape.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:51 PM
my rear beam hits my exhaust cuz i wasn't lowered when i had my system bent and the guy didn't give it much clearance. i'm dropped on goldlines and konis

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:09 AM
strat81 wrote:my rear beam hits my exhaust cuz i wasn't lowered when i had my system bent and the guy didn't give it much clearance. i'm dropped on goldlines and konis

I have (had) the same problem. Mine was just barely touching, so it would rattle and was really annoying, so I wedged in a thick piece of rubber ghetto style and it lasted 3 years lol.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:17 AM
i actually plan on having a 2.5" system bent up this year by a different shop that does awesome work...

Monday, February 06, 2006 11:16 AM
Wow, it's been almost a year since this thread has been posted in, but I'm giving it a bump since it addresses a concern of mine that still hasn't really been answered. Here's the specific details:

About to lower the car this weekend, hopefully
*Eibach Pro-Kit 1.5" drop front and rear
*KYB AGX's all the way around
*Stock wheels & correct-size tires
*Using the 2.25" Pacesetter cat-back system w/ some changes, but doesn't change overall shape/form of the system

I don't expect any problems, but you never know. Anyone with that specific / close to same setup have issues w/ clearance over the crossmember (think that's what it's called, the bar under car between rear wheels)? Suggestions on how to correct if there is a problem? Thanks

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:30 PM
Wow almost a year dead. Anyway, I dropped on koni yellows and goldline springs and every once in a while my resonator will scrape the ground. It started out as the rk sport single exhaust but, I haven't changed any bends so you should be ok. I has never hit anything else.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:30 PM
Wow,dude thankz for the tip...........one year later..........but my exhaust pipe fell of going 75mph on the freeway a couple months ago, from a bad weld, oh well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search