Cant switch interior fan - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cant switch interior fan
Friday, April 15, 2011 1:04 PM
Please excuse me if this has been posted somewhere else, I searched the forums and found nothing.

My interior fan has always been difficult to switch - between defrost, blowing on the feet, blowing at the face, etc. So one day, I decide I would explore and try and fix the situation. I have had my dash apart many times, installing decks, amps, etc., so I figured it couldnt be too hard. I discovered the pulley wheel and cable that runs between the wheel and the dial, and that there are flaps that cover the defroster/blowing on the face when not in use. Long story short, the flaps have come out of the pulley wheel that changes them, and I was told the only way to fix it was to take the entire dash apart - the top piece, the piece surrounding the radio, and the remaining part that lies underneath - and that the steering wheel had to come off to remove the last piece.

So I guess my question is, has anyone had this problem before? Are there videos on how to take the entire dash apart, or is there a way I could fix my problem with just taking the first two parts off?

Re: Cant switch interior fan
Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:51 AM
Cables? I thought the thing was vac. operated. That's why mine doesn't work because the line is unhooked.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search