3.8 supercharged mounting help!!!! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.8 supercharged mounting help!!!!
Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:50 PM
alright I've been to the 3800 swap info link, but its not helping me any. I need a cheap way to mount the left side by the pulleys!! I don't have a lot of money, and im at a loss. i have a 1997 cavalier, im using the dog bones up front, im using the trans mounts for my cavalier 5 speed, but i cant figure out how to mount the one by the pulleys!! help?!

Re: 3.8 supercharged mounting help!!!!
Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:35 PM
Attach a pic . . . The FAQ really should explain it all. The pics explain what you need to do. I hope you beefed up the rad mounting point. doesn't sound like you did the C-Frame style subframe so I bet your gonna twist the hell out of your mounting.

Whats up people?
Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:40 PM
not a lot of money and 3800 swap don't really go together...

I'm assuming you're using the stocky W-body engine mounts (the oval one that mounts below the crank), you're going to have to fab a bracket for it to mount to, or go with a different mount set up and do the fab work for those.

Pic's of what you are trying to do would be helpful.

Friday, May 24, 2013 3:24 PM
read the damn sticky theres a few different ways there god you people are cheap and lazy

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, May 27, 2013 1:36 PM
Nearly everyone has done it differently, get creative... because you are going to have to if you want the engine in there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search