My '03 LSS - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My '03 LSS
Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:08 PM
My first Cavalier was a red '04 LSS auto, liked that car a lot, traded an '02 Neon R/T for it. After 5 months I skidded off a road in a heavy rain storm from almost missing a turn and balding tires not gripping well. I was mad I wrecked it I liked that car. A couple months later I found my current '03 LSS 5spd, love this car. Its my daily driver and its been pretty decent. Bought it for $6k with 74k on the odometer. When I bought it the clutch slave and passenger window regulator failed but dealer fixed it up. About a month ago the master cyl for the clutch went and my warranty did not cover it, made me mad but I of coarse want the car and have enjoyed it. Otherwise its been great to me. Smooth and comfy, reliable, and very clean. I run Amsoil 5w30 OE performance in it and a Amsoil air filter.

Some minor mod plans, nothing crazy.
replacement headlamps
tinted windows
b&m short throw
sportline drop springs
Koni struts
DRL disable
'00/'02 Z24 trunk lid
black taillamps after trunk swap
LED replacement bulbs

Anything else may come as it goes. Otherwise I am happy with it as it is. But maybe a sound system ( small ).

Home & cleaned

Detailed it after buying it.

Pinstripe removed during detail

Lately I have done some things to it. Ordered some replacement headlamps since my OEMs were hazed and toast, got Eagle Eye halo style heads. Good light output, but not an OEM tough feel. I also tinted my windows myself with 3M Color Stable 5% all around ( I expect a bit of negativity for doing my fronts, but i'm comfortable with it ). Here are some photos.

And some photos of my tint.

Had to do a Dotrix vinyl strip over the dotmatrix unfortunately. Cost me $30.00 extra in my tint order from tintstuff.tv but tint will not lay over that dotmatrix too well. I just didn't want the light cut down from it, feels like a new Camaro rear window now very rectangular, but doesn't cut out visibility.

Thats it for now, mostly just some look pretty enhancements. I plan a 1" lowering, sportlines and konis hopefully. Then a B&M short throw, maybe a mild/small improved sound system, I hate being stuck with AM/FM/CD when I play all my music in my truck through phone. I bought a black Z24 trunk lid yesterday so i'll have that for a quick fun swap in a week or so. Not very sure on any performance improvements, I would like to put an SLP Loudmouth 2 muffler on it with a Vibrant tip. From there I may want a longtube header and hi-flow cat, after that I may want an AEM intake since the mod bug goes on and on, then I may want to find a tuner to make it all work properly.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Re: My '03 LSS
Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:44 PM
Added a Vibrant cat-back exhaust to it, changed the wheel bearings, and bought a used black Z24 trunk lid with spoiler. Just bought some OEM '00/'02 tails for a great deal and put it all on yesterday. Love the way it looks now.

I absolutely love the look. I thought it would look odd with the '03/'05 bumper lines by the tail lights with the '00/'02 set but it looks just fine to me. Love the Z24 spoiler! There is a little rusting under the trunk lid that I want to get fixed. If I end up needing it repainted I will have the key lock shaved.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:24 AM
Looks great man. 00-02 Z24 spoiler and trunk look badass on LSS cars.

I rocked that look on my blue coupe a few years back, loved it.

Man this thread makes me want to get the core support fixed on my wrecked coupe, I mean I love my 03 LS sedan that I recently picked up, but nothing is cooler looking than a 03+ LSS Coupe IMO. though Id take a 95-99 Z24 kit as a second.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:10 AM
Looks really good.

Keep it up.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:31 PM
Nice car guy, you don't find that many black lss's,at least here in Ca.
Good luck finding a B&M shifter. I've been waiting for one to be up for sale here in classifieds. They don't make them anymore.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:59 PM
03-05 LSS with 00-02 Z24 trunk lid and tails is the best look on these cars. Very nice looking car there.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:40 PM
Love the trunk man! Sometimes I wish my car was black :/

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search