Sons Car pulling code B1275 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sons Car pulling code B1275
Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:27 PM
Hi guys,

My sons 2002 Pontiac Sunfire is pulling code B1275 and I can't seem to locate much information on it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Its an abs code according to my scanner and it says powertrain control module request ets to be disabled the problem I'm having is ill be driving down the road and my trac off light comes on I loose all throttle response. I was able to sputter home but that's about it. Also after I drove it home It smelled like something was burning. Maybe a caliper froze up??? I did recently replace the fuel pump but have had no issues and that's functioning fine. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Sons Car pulling code B1275
Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:14 PM
Do you guys think it could be the PCM???
Monday, July 20, 2015 9:14 AM
Can't find a B1275 in the service manual. Could it have been C1275?

Quote:

Transmission Slips in 4th Gear, Stuck in 2nd Gear or SES/TCS Light On, DTCs P0753, P0758, P1860, C1223, C1224, C1275 Set (Repair Conduit Splice/Reposition Conduit or Inspect/Reinstall Solenoid) #03-07-30-036 - (Aug 22, 2003)
Transmission Slips in 4th Gear, Stuck in 2nd Gear or SES/TCS Light Illuminated, DTCs P0753, P0758, P1860, C1223, C1224 or C1275 May be Set (Repair Conduit Splice/Reposition Conduit or Inspect/Reinstall Evap Emission Vent Solenoid or Replace, if Necessary)

2002-2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002-2004 Pontiac Sunfire

with 2.2L Engine (VIN F -- RPL L61)
Condition

Some customers may comment on an SES/TCS tell-tale light illuminated, the transmission slipping in 4th gear, or the transmission stuck in second gear. DTCs P0753, P0758, P1860, C1223, C1224 or C1275 may be set.
Cause

There are 2 separate causes that may create the above conditions. Both should be examined when a vehicle is brought in for the above concern.

Cause #1 is possible water intrusion at the transmission to front end vehicle harness. This harness located near the transmission breakout is protected by plastic split tube type conduit and electrical tape. In some cases, the split may be facing upward which will increase the tendency of the conduit to hold water. Eventually, the #107 splice to the transmission may become corroded and become non-conductive.
Cause #2 can be quickly identified by a visual inspection under the vehicle at the passenger side of the rear axle. The Evaporative Emissions Canister Vent Solenoid retainer may have come loose allowing the associated wire harness to contact the rear axle. Abrasion of the wire against the rear axle may rub through the insulation creating a short.

Correction

<snip>

Monday, July 20, 2015 2:03 PM
Thanks I'll check those out tonight.
Monday, July 20, 2015 3:44 PM
Update:

One of the throttle cables was off and I hooked it back up and thought I was good. Also last week I did replace the fuel pump. I checked all of the connections that I could reach and all ok. I couldn't see the ones on top of the tank though. Anyway it started right up and I took if for a spin after 6 miles it began to sputter again. I took it home and had the same burning smell from the engine compartment with the check engine light blinking and the track off lit up. Any suggestions?

A friend said to replace the (TPS) throttle position sensor. What do you think of that? Thanks

Dave
Monday, July 20, 2015 7:24 PM
New Update still not fixed.

Another member grom another site works at a GM dealership and found this:

"O.K. found some more info;
flashing engine light
car starts and idles rough.transmission shift points affected and no power
c1275: EBCM is disable until dtc is in history.
this is a random nisfire,especially when the ck eng lt flashes,what can cause this are low fuel pressure,or vacuum leaks creating false air,the fuel pressure specs are 50-60 psi WITH KEY ON AND ENGINE OFF."

Maybe the fuel pump that I installed last week was bad? Stranger things have happened. What do you think?
Monday, July 20, 2015 7:28 PM
The problem began a couple of days after I installed the pump.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search