just finishing ecotec swap need a little help - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just finishing ecotec swap need a little help
Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:37 AM
i just got my ecotec running in my 97 and i have a few questions for anyone whos done this. its running with no exhaust on now right off the header and no intake, when i open the throttle it kind of chokes and doesnt accelerate the motor. is it doing that probably cause there is no exhaust pressure or intake or am i missing a connection or something? also i have a few plugs i cant figure out where they go, ill put the pics down below if anyone has an idea. thanks!

Re: just finishing ecotec swap need a little help
Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:49 AM
oh and in the bottom pic, that hose that comes off of the brake master cylinder, cant figure out where that goes...
Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:00 AM
in the last pic if that like has that green knob on it i think thats your evap line i think but kinda need a better picture

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:07 AM
purple plug is your headlight harness, plugs in there.

the red wire i'm not sure, mine doesn't have that.

check your grounds, make sure they're ALL tight.

big black line is evap

something is wrong with your setup though, im running open manifold, and i free rev very well. grounds might fix it

Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:17 AM
and the hose coming off the booster needs to go to a vaccum source. or you will not have power brakes. as for that long red power wire. i would trace where it goes to. that doesnt look stock. so i would see what its hooked to.

Monday, January 12, 2009 4:04 AM
As said the lastone is a Evap line. I do not see the part it connects to in the engine bay. Should be siotting right on the power sterring pump.
The red wire is not stock. As said trace it back to see where it goes.
Also as said that connector is headlight harness. What did you do for headlights? It will not plug into the stock 97 headlight harness.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 12, 2009 6:29 AM
i will have to put in the newer harness for the headlights i was thinkin the old one would work...i didnt put in the evap canister and all that so i spose thats where the remaining things will hook up to. i sounds like it is idling kind of high to me tho anyone know why it would do that
Monday, January 12, 2009 4:22 PM
sounds like a vacumm leak

Monday, January 12, 2009 5:44 PM
the line in that last picture looks like its the line that hooks up to the intake manifold. should plug in. im not 100% sure tho. but that could be the cause of your vaccum leak/ high idle.

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:15 PM
i think it connects to that third line coming from by the gas tank that goes to the evap canister, but now it is not firing up, just turning over... any suggestions?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search