swap exhaust fab - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swap exhaust fab
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:28 PM
I was wondering if anybody had a picture of the down pipe they used with a 3x00 swap.. I am having trouble getting an exhaust on.. The manifold exits about 3 or 4 inches directly above my power steering rack and i cant get a pipe right to get around it..

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs

Re: swap exhaust fab
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:20 PM
I don't have a good picture, but I originally used a GA downpipe and modified it slightly to put the bend exactly where it needed to go. I had no issues with the PS rack.

I'm making a brand new one from scratch out of T-304 mandrel bends and machined T-304 flanges. Unfortunately, I don't have it fit for a couple of months, so I can't post any pics of it.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:08 PM
I used the stock one from the 01 grand am, the whole thing just bolts right in on mine, Cat too.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:26 PM
I tried to use a piece of flexpipe but it wouldnt bend enough to fit... and btw the ga i have is a 94.. how much differnt are the downpipes?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:45 PM
I think yours has a donut /ball flange on the rear manifold. Mine doesnt have that, it is a bolt flange and after the flange there is a short flex joint. What I have wont work for you . Sounds like you may have to take it to a muffler shop to get a pipe made up, or cut , turn and reweld the pipe you have.
Grand ams had the rack mounted to the firewall and also had a split subframe. Not exacly the same on the J so I wouldnt expect the pipe to work very well.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:01 PM
No it doesn't lol... thanks guys... I'll figure this out..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search