Two tone paint ideas, please - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Two tone paint ideas, please
Friday, June 04, 2010 12:38 PM
I am thinking about getting a two tone paint job. I really like the factory green but I think it needs something more. I was thinking about a lighter color on top, maybe a tan. If anyone could give me some options that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Two tone paint ideas, please
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:18 AM
anyone?

Green 04 Sedan a work in progress.......

"Sometimes doing the right thing means pissing people off."
GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:37 PM
Sell it for 2 door.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:47 PM
Not really an option. I have a family and this doubles as a daily driver/backup for my wife's van. If I had to do it all over again though a coup would have been the way to go. Any ideas with for paint?

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:21 PM
Can anyone else help out here with some paint ideas?

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Friday, June 25, 2010 7:22 AM
Paint ideas aren't so much my thing, but I had some time. I'd go with black so you can use a carbon fiber hood too! Although, I think 2 tone on a stock sedan is a bit goofy in itself. Maybe a lip kit with side skirts & a nice set of wheels would make it more of a looker.

Friday, June 25, 2010 7:51 AM
Before doing a two tone paint job I'd do the following things first, in order:

-Put your hubcaps back on
-Lower the car an inch or two.
-Put a lip-kit on
-Find some decent black or bronze rims
-THEN I'd do a black/green two tone paint job.

Friday, June 25, 2010 8:51 AM
I have some new to me wheels to put on the car. They have to be cleaned up and resprayed black. Lowering is in the future too. I am asking about paint now because I have a friend who does body and paint work. Since this picture was taken I have taken the door molding off and cleaned up the car a bit. I was thinking about going with black but my interior is tan. Is there anyway I could see ideas with the split starting at the corner of the headlight? Thanks for all the ideas. They all look good.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Friday, June 25, 2010 9:12 AM
Like this?

Friday, June 25, 2010 9:43 AM
Not exactly although that is nice too. I meant the outside corner of the headlight on the fender. Thanks again.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Friday, June 25, 2010 10:31 AM
3 of those! I wasn't sure which you wanted of with or without the front bumper down the whole way, so I did 1 of each plus one more bringing the curve down below the headlights as well. The color & curve may be slightly different in each, but I try to keep them somewhat consistent.

Friday, June 25, 2010 10:43 AM
Those look great thanks. I hope to have the new wheels on the car soon. Then on to paint. I am saving for the lowering and some other engine upgrades. Thanks again.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Friday, June 25, 2010 11:34 AM
Glad to help!

Friday, June 25, 2010 6:38 PM
This is a picture of the wheels that I have for the Cav. Mine are used so they are a bit rougher than these. Is there any you could chop these onto the current image? I would also like to see the car dropped a bit with some tint on the windows. If you can't work with that picture I will try to get a better this weekend. Oh, I would like to see the two tone in black starting at the same corner of the light but have the split run just above the door handles and curve up right at the taillights. Maybe with a tan or silver pin stripe to set it apart. I hope I'm not asking for too much. Thanks.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Friday, June 25, 2010 8:27 PM
If you can get a better picture of the wheels, particularly at the angle that they would be on the car, that would be great. The next best would be upright, straight on. I did the photoshopping at work & I don't work again until Monday. If we're not busy, I may have time to do it & that won't take very long at all. I have everything saved, so changing colors to black & lowering & stuff won't take long at all. No promises though, who knows what work will show up over the weekend

For the color change to black, do you want the front bumper done too, or without the bumper done? Under the headlights, or not under the headlights? If you want, post to me which is closest to what you want done & I'll modify the curve from there so I'm not doing 3... unless you want to see 3.

Friday, June 25, 2010 10:41 PM
Here is the one that is the closest. The red circles is where I would like to the split to run. I think where you have the black stopping on the front is good to go. I will try to get a better pic of the wheels this weekend. Having looked at the photo again I noticed some other things too. Is there anyway you could shave the front license plate bracket and mud flaps as well? And maybe apply the black to the mirrors so the colors aren't off. Thanks.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:16 AM
Here some different pics of one of the wheels. I hope this helps.

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Sunday, June 27, 2010 2:09 PM
Kale Webster wrote:Here some different pics of one of the wheels. I hope this helps.

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

wheels look good but before you put those on put new tires on. we dont want any org members dying

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:05 PM
New tires on the way. I got the wheels from another Soldier I work with before he left for Cuba. The wheels need some work as well. They are going to be cleaned up to get rid of the curb rash on the lip and then the black is going to be freshened up.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Monday, June 28, 2010 6:21 AM
How's this? I had a chance to get to it this morning here first thing before everything gets movin', hope I got things right!

- Bracket & flaps off
- Mirror painted
- Lowered
- Tinted
- Moved black color - curved down instead of up based on where the circles were on the referenced image
- Added pinstripe
- Wheels

Monday, June 28, 2010 8:19 AM
That is awesome! If only it was that easy to do the real thing.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell

Monday, June 28, 2010 8:25 AM
Kale Webster wrote:

Goo-Gone is your friend!

Monday, June 28, 2010 8:51 AM
Kale Webster wrote:That is awesome! If only it was that easy to do the real thing.

Glad you like it! Yeah too bad it isn't that easy! It took me too long, my paint fell off as it was finished haha! ...nearly back to stock now.

Monday, June 28, 2010 10:29 AM
Yeah I have some more work to do on the left over adhesive from the door moldings. Hopefully over the upcoming long weekend I get that taken care of.

GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Saturday, July 03, 2010 10:49 AM
stargrrrl wrote:How's this? I had a chance to get to it this morning here first thing before everything gets movin', hope I got things right!

- Bracket & flaps off
- Mirror painted
- Lowered
- Tinted
- Moved black color - curved down instead of up based on where the circles were on the referenced image
- Added pinstripe
- Wheels

this is win, stop all exterior modding when you get here! only thing i could add is to clear the headlights.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search