Grid Chop please - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grid Chop please
Friday, February 11, 2011 12:37 PM
Looking at getting some Rota Grid wheels for the cavy at the end of next month. Just a quick chop and 2 inch drop (I dont have any pics of my car dropped yet)
Probably roughly a 17 inch rim and fat chubby tire front and rear if you can. Anything would be great!

Thanks!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Re: Grid Chop please
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:15 PM
Do you have a picture of your car at roughly this angle? (without the stupid camera rotation):

Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:23 PM
i would go with an 18" set of grids

Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:46 PM
Id stay away from the rota's. Iv been told by a few outlets that they have broken on people before and dont have a good reputation for being strong. Your call though

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:47 PM
every rim company has pics of their rims being busted. rota wheels have been used in racing for years.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:21 AM
Maybe. The rotas seem to have a lot more broken wheels then some other makes. BBS, OZ, HRE wheels dont seem to have this problem

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, February 21, 2011 8:04 PM
how often do you see those wheels mentioned on a daily driver? they are stronger but not as many on the road.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:30 PM
well I know I shouldnt bitch but you guys rocking photoshop know you can just rotate the picture... Anyways I will pull the car out after work tomorrow and snap some normal pics for you

As for the whole Rota rims suck, yeah I've heard and seen some pictures but I know I wont be abusing the car with the rims on. I'd swap on some lighter smaller rims for road course and what not this year (well... assuming I dont even just build another J for racing). Like I said, I just want to see how they look, although I dont think the offset will be as bad ass as azn had. I believe I read that his airbags let him run such a wicked off set although I could be mistaken

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:03 PM
roats are fine I have had 2 pairs and never had an issue

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:04 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:well I know I shouldnt bitch but you guys rocking photoshop know you can just rotate the picture... Anyways I will pull the car out after work tomorrow and snap some normal pics for you

As for the whole Rota rims suck, yeah I've heard and seen some pictures but I know I wont be abusing the car with the rims on. I'd swap on some lighter smaller rims for road course and what not this year (well... assuming I dont even just build another J for racing). Like I said, I just want to see how they look, although I dont think the offset will be as bad ass as azn had. I believe I read that his airbags let him run such a wicked off set although I could be mistaken

air bags? lol i havent air ride since oct 2008 i think or was it 09 i dont remember. i run static now

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:14 PM
But you do have modified struts if IIRC.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:24 PM
no i dont .. i never finished those

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:21 PM
Geez. Failure. Why did you give up on them?

Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:10 AM
plan on real coilovers eventually.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:16 AM
Ah. Well if you go that route, I might be interested in the GCs for use with my Dspecs.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:39 AM
Rotas are fine, yes there were some sets that cracked, but like said above, that happens with every rim. There was a huge discussion about it on NASIOC. There are just soooo many sets of rotas out right now it just seems like this is happening more to them, kinda surprised more J guys don't run them actually.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search