should i run two bottles? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
should i run two bottles?
Friday, August 25, 2006 10:43 AM
After getting a wet kit from my bro he dicided to put it in his stock cavy lol. so im out a wet kit but i still have my dry and now i got two bottles a 5 pound and a 2.5(my orig) both are 4-.

Should i even bother running a nos Y block(i think its called that) then run two lines for my bottles or should i just sell my 2.5lb and keep my 5lb?

can this cause issues for instance if my 2.5lb will obviously run out and cause a problem during the usage of the other bottle aswell?

Re: should i run two bottles?
Friday, August 25, 2006 11:31 AM
You can but why not buy a bigger bottle?

Friday, August 25, 2006 11:40 AM
well actually its the misses thats stopping me lol. im only allowed a max spendature of 225 can lol. she went nutz when i got my ram air hood in and painted...1500 goes missing from the account in two days lol. she didnt talk to me for weeks lol. yes im whipped
Friday, August 25, 2006 4:55 PM
i got 2 bottles. 1 is just so when 1 bottle goes empty i got a nother full 1 still. both are 10 lb nx bottles

PaCavalier
Friday, August 25, 2006 9:14 PM
those small bottles cant last long.
i have 2 10 pound bottles myself. when one runs out, i put the full one in and get the empty one filled and race wit the full one

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:51 PM
i use nitrous maybe once a month for maybe 10 minutes, im not looking for why or why not just if they would be issues of using two diff sizes of bottles on a nos y block(once again probly not using the right term)
Monday, August 28, 2006 1:30 PM
seriously, if she wont let you get a new bottle, find a used one. The go on sale on here and other forums often. Josh AKA minion had a bunch before, he sold out before I could get my hands on one tho. I would run the Y and run both bottles just because you have such small bottles. Or sell them both and get a used 10lbs. I ran through my 10lbs in a night tho, doesn't last long. Its the pressure you really need, tho I think you probably know that already.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:35 PM
If you run (2) bottles, you need (2) bottle heaters. Seeing as how you only spray once in a while, I'd say mounting/y'ing in/running (2) bottles is *stupid*

And if you don't use a heater and tell me it's "not a concern" you're also *stupid* in my book

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:27 PM
Agent Omega wrote:If you run (2) bottles, you need (2) bottle heaters. Seeing as how you only spray once in a while, I'd say mounting/y'ing in/running (2) bottles is *stupid*

And if you don't use a heater and tell me it's "not a concern" you're also *stupid* in my book

Actually, you don't need two bottle heaters. The only purpose of the heater is to increase bottle pressure. I've seen bottles linked in series (the first bottle hooked to the seconds valve above the feed tube) with only a heater on the first bottle. It works great and it ups the pressure in both bottles. So the first bottle doesn't enter the line to the solenoid until it passes through teh second bottle (so you can get a mental picture of how it works). Look at the '05 Pump Gas Drags Hot Rod mag article. You'll see a nice pic of a guy with a Nova (I think) running a setup like that.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:01 AM
I guess that could work (without looking at that picture) but he's talking about Y'ing them in together in the middle, so he would def. need (2) heaters. If one bottle was at 1,000 and one was at 500, then you'd get something in the middle (I'd assume)

Sunday, October 15, 2006 1:15 PM
It would still be impossible to have two bottles linked together and get different pressures. The one with the higher pressure will equalize to the other bottle, bringing it's pressure up as well. And as long as the bottle heater is doing it's job well enough to maintain 1000 psi in the bottle it's on, the other bottle will also see 1000 psi. The only problem with not linking them in series is that the bottle with the heater goes empty long before the other bottle does, and then once the heated bottle is empty, the pressure drops to whatever the unheated bottle can sustain on it's own. No matter how hot the empty bottle gets, it's still empty and cannot get up to pressure. You might experience some backfilling, but then you have one bottle trying to feed the nozzle AND fill the other bottle, and obviously that doesn't work quite so well. It would still be better than just running one tank, but not by much, and you'd end up wasting alot more nitrous to pressure equalization.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search